password protec pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protec pages

Hi, i will please like to password protect a couple of pages on my site but each time i try to carry out the instruction somehow it ends up protecting the index page. I have watched the video but it still comes out wrong. How can i do it so that it is just the page i choose that is protected not my index page. The pages within the site.Thanks

Re: password protec pages

If you are doing it through CPanel, it means that you are protecting the entire directory, not just the pages. If this directory is your public_html. it is obvious that the entire site is getting protected.

Use BV's login tools instead to protect only the pages you want. Related thread: BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the help, i will try it now and let you know how i got on.

Comment

When i was trying to connect to the link you provided I encountered some fast flashing small dark screens. About 20 of them flashing fast same time. A bit scary so i turned off my computer and re-booted. I tried the link again but this time i could not even open it, i was being asked if i wanted to work off line. Weird stuff. Is there any other way i could get the script without corrupting or damaging my computer? I will really appreciate your help. Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. The link is to this very forum, where I posted the tutorial, so there are no scripts or other that can cause the issue you posted.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i clicked on this link: http://wwww.dbtechnosystems.com. Is that the wrong one? i have also read the tuitorial and it said login script. So could you please tell me again how to go about pasword protecting my website pages. Really will appreciate a quick response. Thanks in advance.

Comment

DBTechnosystems is my company and the link is my website. You should instead watch the tutorial posted in BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Okay got it, i was missing the word built in. Okay that is sovled but one more thing where on BV can i find those links ot tools to sign in? I have read the tuitorial and still trying to work out where to locate those buttons with icons on top of the screen. Thanks for the speedy response really appreciate it.

Comment

View -> Toolbars -> Login will make appear the login script tools.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

i have clicked view then on the toolbar and i was getting the advanced, align, HTML, Extra,Format,form,Image, PAYpal,Standard and table tools. I did not find the login tools. am i ckicking on the right toolbar?

Comment

Do you have the latest (BV 11.4 G) version ? These tools are not available in previous versions.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Am not sure what version i have but i joined BV last year. If not how can i get access to the new version?

Comment

Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your help so far but i have a problem, i downloaded the new BV version, as soon asi tried to open the file the computer screeen starts to flash and a message comes up saying that your internet explorer is not responding. i turned of my computer started again and the flashing resumes. I am frustrated and do not know what to do.

Comment

I have finally figured it out and it is all working perfectly well thank you so so so very much. The reason i had the problem earlier is because it was a zip file and i was trying to open as if it wasn't. So i had to extract it and viola i was able to access it. Thank you Voda host you guys are the best. I am proud to be a BV user and will do it again and agian and again. Thank you!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X