scrolling background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrolling background

Hey, how do i make the background pic scroll with the text or lock in so the text overtop stays always over the photo?
    sorry, hard to explain... hmm I always want the pic in the background no matter where the reader scrolls to reading the text.

Re: scrolling background

Paste the code bellow into your page properties HTML area, under the "Between the head tag" But would recommend changing the original image name as you might get problems with some browsers.
    IE:Chris-Brenton-riding-KTM-quad-bikephot-Brent-Hatton-photography.jpg

Would also recommend reducing the width of the left hand text boxes to save covering the image & bring your page to under 100px wide to stop side scroll on visitors screens.

<body style="background: url('http://www.waquadmx.com/images/2010%20Chris%20Brenton%20on%20riding%20KTM%20quad% 20bike%20photo%20credit%20Brent%20Hatton%20photogr aphy.jpg')
    no-repeat center fixed;">
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok hopefully have done all that correctly, is it viewable on preview, or do you have to publish to check?

Comment

You can publish to check. I am just trying something else to see if i can get rid of the side scroll. The problem is that the image is just a touch wide & it would be nice to get rid of it.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

well published and didnt work, any idea what i might have not done correctly?

Comment

Note sure what this image isCB.jpg ? Its showing as your background image.
            I was trying a quick test to make sure. Sample here.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

well that looks great, i changed the name as you suggested from its long name to CB
              no idea how you made that page

Comment

Try removing the image on the front of your bv page & replace the html with the one bellow. Save & re-publish. Looks like BV changed the image name. The sample on my site is now using this code bellow, so should work OK. SAMPLE

<body style="background: url('http://www.waquadmx.com/images/bv01667.jpg')no-repeat center fixed;">
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi sorry to hijack but i have the same sort off issue... i used your advice before chris and used this line of code to fix the background in place -

<body style="background:#121212 url('body.jpg')fixed repeat-x;">

it works great in all browsers apart from i.e. and same goes for postees website...

any thoughts

thanks

rick

Comment

Try this with IE.

<style type="text/css">
                    <!--
                    body {background-image: url(http://www.pattestingsolutions.co.uk/bg1.jpg); background-repeat:repeat-x;;background-position:left top; background-attachment:fixed;}
                    -->
                    </style>
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X