Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing "successful" but doesn't work

I'm trying to update www.riverboatstompers.com

That site has ~1 page, the update has ~2 pages with "Watch the Stompers in action on Youtube" at the bottom pf p.1.

I have the new version of www.riverboatstompers.com in BlueVoda. I click Publish, Publish All Files, fill in IP etc, it says "connecting", "uploading", and "successfully published."

But it isn't, the old version is still there.

I tried F5 many times, and added a cache-delete HTML statement to the page ("Head Tag"), no help.

Any ideas?

Re: Publishing "successful" but doesn't work

I've looked at your site, you've mentioned 2 pages. I don't how to get to the second page. I don't see a YouTube Video. I do see a windows media player, which requires me to dowload a plugin to view whatever is there.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

The one-page site is the old one. I'm trying to publish the 2-page version to replace it, with no success...

...L

Comment

What's the url/link to your second page or page name, & have you published both pages separately?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If the page 2 version is to replace page 1, then page 2 should be saved as 'index', then when published it will overwrite page 1
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Aha!

But how do I save the new page as "index?" The "Save As" tab doesn't list that option.

Also, I may have been imprecise in my use of "page" (:<((, my edited site is 22" long but may be considered a single page in Web terminology. The old site is 11" long. Assuming, of course, that you have a 21" monitor...

It's not F5, unless 100+ clicks is insufficient.

The Cache Delete statement was on a Forum entry, search for "Head Tag"...

...L

Comment

Re: Publishing &quot;successful&quot; but doesn't work

If you save as index it will over write the existing index page. If for some reason you want to save it as index & not overwrite the existing one, place it in a new folder. But when you publish, it will overwrite any way.
              Also, I may have been imprecise in my use of "page" (:<((, my edited site is 22" long but may be considered a single page in Web terminology. The old site is 11" long. Assuming, of course, that you have a 21" monitor...
              ???????????????????????????????????????????
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Publishing &quot;successful&quot; but doesn't work

AHA! Got it! Finally!

Easy peasy.

There was an old version of the website called index.bvp in my computer folder. When instructed to save as index, I looked for a file type called index (like website.ndx) instead of naming the website index.

Perhaps a message that pops up when you publish a .bvp without a matching index.bvp would help...sure looked like I was publishing the right thing, and it went *somewhere*...

Thanks, all...

...L

Comment

Working...
                X