Recurring Image problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring Image problems

Hi - I need some help with images. I seemed to have this issue beginning with the beta versions of BV 11, however even after a clean install of the latest BV, I am having the same problem.

I looked through all of the posted issues on the BV11 issues and bugs thread, however I did not see anything that relates to my problem.

If you take a look at this page of my website: http://www.georgehester.com/links4.html and take note of the link image on the second row, second button over - the one that is obviously different and out of place.

When I open the image in BV, add it to the page and publish it, the image I am adding is this: http://www.georgehester.com/images/xlapp1.png and it uploads just fine. But on my website it changes the file name to this: http://www.georgehester.com/images/bv01185.png which is already the image I added to my contact page: http://www.georgehester.com/contact.php.

When I added the image on the contact page, it worked fine and uploaded as: http://www.georgehester.com/images/x11safaric.png and again, the original file is located in the /images directory in my file manager. But on the actual page, when I right click and view the image, it is changed to the bv01185.png. :\

I have re-uploaded the link image several times, emptied my browser cache and history and it is still showing the bv01185.png image and not the xlapp1.png image.

I understand that this site isn't too fond of the logo represented in the link image I'm having issues with, so hopefully we can set all that aside and try to figure out what the issue might be with the image changing file names and showing the incorrect image.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Image problem - bv????? files

I made a mistake in my post - however I am instead getting a double image link error too. wow, don't know why I didn't catch it.

There's the "Qbrushes" link image that is showing up in place of the link image I mentioned in my original post, and the Windows one is the one being replaced by the incorrect image.

Same issue - but now I realize it's more serious as it's not just one image, nor restricted to the same page.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I thought I resolved the issue on my own, but now after doing everything from publishing ALL files to publishing only changed files, I'm still ending up with images all over my site being replaced by other "bvxxxxx.png" images and I'm really not sure how to fix this or if it's something exclusive to the BV11.4 bugs. I don't know.

I'm hoping someone out there has seen/experienced this and might know what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. Seeing that no-one has replied yet, I'm guessing it's just as much of a head scratcher to all of you as it is for me. :) I am somewhat frustrated seeing link images turn into my contact page background when I publish the link pages, and when I republish the contact page, it fixes that page but replaces link images with my contact page background. :\
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

It seems like you have replaced the image from your 1st posting? Has this solved the problems?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

okay... well, I think I did actually resolve it, but the resolution was messier than expected.

the images that were somehow being replaced by the "bvxxxxx.png" images I would re-add them in BV, and publish changes only. Those images would randomly change and show up on other places in place of other images and even resized to fit within that space.

Then I tried re-adding in BV from the original folders (even renaming the original image files) and publishing ALL files. Again, same thing would happen.

After hours of messing around, because obviously this is too confusing of an issue for most anyone to explain without a video or someone seeing it in person (I promise, I did my best) I found somewhat of a solution and so far, it's ok.... and I guess it'll be okay until I edit it again, which may happen tomorrow.

What I did was delete the image on the BV page I was editing. Add it again and Copy it (Ctrl+C) and delete the file, paste it in place and then publish the page. Finally, it would work.

Don't ask how I got to that solution. By that point, I was just doing random things just to see if it worked.

But yes, now it is working - but the problem is still there.

I understand that if you are reading it now, my links to those images and pages are corrected, but that was just before I went to bed last night and I didn't get a chance to come on here and mention that I found a temporary solution.

However, I don't believe I should have to do some crazy delete, add, copy, delete, paste, publish to make it work. :) I just don't know how to explain it much better than my original, but I suppose the key to this is that I pulled my hair out trying so many things for the whole day yesterday.

If this happens again, and I think it will, I will be sure to cut together a screen capture to show everyone, so y'all know I'm not crazy. Believe me... it's very very confusing and probably too weird to explain in words.

Sorry for any confusion.
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

George, you are forgiven... I think every one of us at some point has posted an issue with an example link, only to fix it before the post is answered but forgetting to tell anyone... you won't be the first .
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey - One thing I know for certain is that it will happen again. I just don't know how or when, but it seems to happen anytime I modify an image by adding either a shadow or changing the opacity, thus BV uploads it not as the original image but as a "bv*****.png" file instead.

Somehow, BlueVoda is mistakenly doubling file names - something like the "bv01187.png" for a file I uploaded just now, however there was an image file of that exact same file name already uploaded previously, like maybe a week ago. So, when I go to the site, there's the image of that image both where I uploaded it AND in place of another random image on another page. It's not just with one. Some of the times I published in BV, random images I haven't changed or edited in days/weeks would change on me and change on other pages too.

Like I mentioned before, I ran into this problem a while ago and I couldn't find anything mentioned in the BV 11.4 bugs thread. I worry it might be exclusive to me and my system... or something I'm doing completely wrong when publishing the files.

I have been told in the past when I had image issues (NOT like this one, but loading time, etc) that people were of the opinion I used too many images on my website. That's very understandable, so I have tried my best to cut down the number I use now a days.

This whole case is still "open" in my book as I seem to have stumbled on the problem several times now and have found solutions in extremely round-about ways that required many extra steps. It's not really a bad thing... I just need to be able to visually show someone what is happening, because my ability to explain something in text on these forums is a huge downfall of mine. Though, my original post was about as clear as it could have been had everyone seen what I was seeing. :) Again, doesn't work without the errors visible.

Oh well.. I'm sure I'll be back here again to add a screen cap video or even just screen shots when I encounter it again.
              George
              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

image problems with bv*****.png files

As I once suspected, but hoped would not be the case, I am back to ask for help yet again on this subject.

*Edit: thank you admin! :)

So, what is the problem? A major one that I can't seem to figure out that seems to happen every time I make changes to my website.

First I added a new set of pages that have been published but not yet linked to since I'm still in the process of tweaking them. I was just browsing and checking things out on my page - went to the "Biography" page on my website to notice this astonishing sight:

This is wrong... and I have NO clue how long it has been like this. It's supposed to be a photo of me, but was instead replaced by another bv*****.png image...I forget the number, but it was definitely one of the images I had used on one of my newer pages that I recently published.

So, I fixed it by replacing the photo and including the same "shadow" shape for the background of the photo that was there before and published it (Publishing changes only).

I checked the site and it was back to normal:

As you can see, I indicated the image name as I right-clicked and opened that bv image to see.

Then I click through my pages, thinking back to when this happened before and hoping that nothing else was different... unfortunately I found it:

which now happens to be the exact same bv image file in the place of the image that is supposed to be there, which is:

:( *shrug* ????

(original pages: Biography page and Drum Corps links page)

What happened last time is I ended up in this "infinite loop" of sorts where every time I went and fixed the image that got replaced by another image I uploaded, another image somewhere else on my site was then replaced by that image that I just fixed. I'm not about to go through that again, though. :(

I'm getting really worried that I'm doing something wrong, because I don't want to immediately point fingers and say it's a bug in BlueVoda - though it may be???

All I know is that I was not editing ANY of my pages, nor using any of those pages as templates or clones. The additional pages that I have been working on and published were created new from scratch (in fact with many touch-ups and redesigned) and I never once opened those other .bvp files to edit them. And it turns out that somehow, as I published and uploaded these brand new pages, some images that are [converted to] "bv*****.png" sometimes duplicate and overwrite ones that are already in my directory, thus replacing them on my website.

I have had this issue come up now every year or whenever I try to update pages or even just add a page or something to my site. It hasn't bogged me down too much, but I just worry that I'm doing something completely wrong when I do this.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be? a bug? human error? Publish ALL files rather than changes only? Why would this happen when I was publishing new pages and not editing those old ones in months?

*scratches head* :)
                George
                www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Any help?

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/saving-naming-previewing-publishing/59241-pngfix.html
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I think you finally have a good handle on things, after a lengthy telephone discussion!

Looking forward to the next phase in your website expertise evolution ... I am sure it will be astounding as ever!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X