Email Form not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Form not working

I havewatched the video on how to create a form and made a page for customers to contact me from my site. I am having a couple of probles however.

1) the page will not publish. It says it has published successfully, however, when I update it the old page is still there.

2) When I used the form on the old page (the one that is currently there, it does not send the messages to my email.

3) Also does anyone know how to create a mapquest link where I can just have the customer put in their email and it will give them directions to my location.

My site is www.RichardNormanCars.com

Re: Email Form not working

Your new page is http://www.richardnormancars.com/Con...20Mercedes.php

The old one appears because in your menus you have not edited the page extension from .html to .php. As you might have seen in the tutorial, when using the built in form processor, the page needs to be published as .php

You should not be using uppercase characters or white spaces in your page names.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

you start making your page starting from X 100 ?
      why not move all to left starting from X 0, to avoid scrolling to the right .

click right at empty space > click page properties > Center Page ( Choose at drop down > Center this Page in the browser window horizontally)

Comment

How do I publish it as a php file? The video said that it would save it automatically this way if I used the wizard, yet all I see are BV file types. I have tried just changing the file extension and removing the spaces and the capital letters, but it still is not publishing.

Comment

WSBlue,
          when I moved everything to x 0 and selected center in page horizontally, everything on the page was on the right instead of in the center. Is there something else I should be doing?

Comment

Sorry NavalDesign, I figured out what you were talking about and I got the page to appear. I am still working on getting the form to send the responses to my email.

Comment

Originally posted by acaruthers View Post
              How do I publish it as a php file? The video said that it would save it automatically this way if I used the wizard, yet all I see are BV file types. I have tried just changing the file extension and removing the spaces and the capital letters, but it still is not publishing.
              mouse click right at empty any space of your BV page
              > Page properties
              > General - There you see File Extension html and php,
              at drop down choose php and
              also can find Center Page

Comment

Working...
              X