accessing web mail with sub domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing web mail with sub domain name

Hello, I did this before but didn't write it down, and have searched threads...

I have my maine account www.brucejoronte.com and my sub domain www.debbiemae.com

I'm trying to get into web mail in the control panel, and bruce's web mail shows up. How to I access web mail for my email?

thanks
    debbie

Re: accessing web mail with sub domain name

try http://www.debbiemae.com/webmail
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So basically, Naval, if I set up the following:
      Example only--

1) "subdomain.mydomain.com" which auto creates appropriate ftp locations and such
      2) Create new email address: "subdomain@mydomain.com"

Now, I want these to be for a user of my site(off subject...do I have to create a new user somewhere in CPanel?

Ultimately, my question is: If that user wanted to access their email using webmail...all they would have to do would be to direct to page:

"http://www.subdomain.mydomain.com/webmail" ????

I use Outlook Express to get my emails, but what if my user doesn't? is it that simple?

Thanks in advance Naval,

Robert

Your Visual Revolution Solution
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

So basically, Naval, if I set up the following:
        Example only--

1) "subdomain.mydomain.com" which auto creates appropriate ftp locations and such

Yes, this is the subdomain creation part.

2) Create new email address: subdomain@mydomain.com

Not excactly: it must be user@subdomain.mydomain.com

Now, I want these to be for a user of my site(off subject...do I have to create a new user somewhere in CPanel?

If you want to allow this user FTP access to this subdomain, you need to go to FTP manager, and create an account for this user, to only have access to the subdomain (or even all the domain, it depends on you) .

Ultimately, my question is: If that user wanted to access their email using webmail...all they would have to do would be to direct to page:

"http://www.subdomain.mydomain.com/webmail" ????

Sould be like this, to be honest i never tried it.

I use Outlook Express to get my emails, but what if my user doesn't? is it that simple?

If it works as said above, it is as simple as this.

Hope this helps.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval I think I got a mental picture of how it works.
          Thanks for your time.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Working...
          X