Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Maker Pro. Please Help Install

O.K.
    I think I have done everything correct but maybe not?

I have uploaded the formmaker file (fmp folder to my public_html directory)

I made sure the Chmod was 755.

I put the http://www.mydomain.com/fmp/install.php and hit enter and I am getting this:

Template Error: set_root: tpl is not a directory.
    Halted.

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

Cliff
    www.prairiegolf.comCLIENT ID # 39041

Re: Form Maker Pro. Please Help Install

This means that NOT all files have been uploaded. Blue FTP has the bad "habbit" to miss files when entire folders are being uploaded.

Chech the folders and subfolders one by one.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am not sure what all suppose to be there. But, it looks like a full compliment of files. The fmp folder is located inside the Formaker folder. I just downloaded the fmp folder. Is that correct.

Also, I set up a new database. I think I did it correctly. Do I need to do anything to assure this installation. Does the database name matter? How does the database have anything to do with the fmp files when I am dropping it in the public_html folder? I hope this makes sense. I am looking forward to adding this function to our site. Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Comment

The database name and user / pass become important during installation (which you stiil haven't got to)

I can assure you that the ONLY reason for such an error message is some missing files. Double check.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, you were right. I found the missing files that were not transferred. I got to the forms pro install screen and of course- it says "could not connect with the MySQL Server". I am sure I did not put something in right? I inserted a new username and password. MySQL host- Localhost, and my corresponding login and password associated with the database I created. Then put in the database name username_database???? I am so close what am I filling in wrong. Thanks

Comment

When you create the DB, you also create a user and a password.

The DB name is CPusername_DBname where DBname is what you have typed, and CPusername is your hosting account username.

The user is CPusername_user where user is what you have typed, and CPusername is your hosting account username.

The password is whatever you have typed. Host is localhost.

However, there is a further step: after you have created the user / pass, did you ADD this user to the specific database ? and did you give this user ALL PERMISSIONS ?

These are two further reasons why the script might not be able to connect to the database.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks. I had 1 thing wrong and I changed it. But still nothing???? Could not connect to MySQL server. I double checked all the info and the database info. Could it be anything else?? Thanks

Comment

IF the details are correct, the only issue would be that you have not granted the user ALL permissions to the specific database.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Obviously, the details must not be correct. I have followed the directions to the letter and the same? it has to be the way I am filling out the installation form.

Username: is this a new user name or the one for my voda account?

Email: A new e-mail or current e-mail
                  Password: new or voda
                  Confirm password: new or voda
                  MySQL host: localhost
                  MySQL login: username(ftdadmin)_database user name
                  MySQL password:
                  database user password

MySQL database name: username(ftpadmin)_database name

This is what I am inputting in the installation fields. I tried new and current account and passwords in the first fields. I know this must be wrong somewhere. Thanks

Comment

Username: is this a new user name or the one for my voda account? New, for FMP. Can be anything, even your Voda one (which I don't recommend).

Email: A new e-mail or current e-mail . Whatever you like
                    Password: new or voda New, for FMP. Can be anything, even your Voda one (which I don't recommend).
                    Confirm password: new or voda The same as previous
                    MySQL host: localhost
                    MySQL login: username(ftdadmin)_database user name Correct
                    MySQL password: The one you created for the database, when you also created the user.
                    database user password

MySQL database name: username(ftpadmin)_database name Correct.

This is what I am inputting in the installation fields. I tried new and current account and passwords in the first fields. I know this must be wrong somewhere. Thanks

Most probably you have not granted the DB user the necessary permissions.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Well... I am officially giving up:)

I cannot figure this out. I have all the permissions checked. double checked password, usernames....... I was trying to download this because it sounded like it was a lot more robust than the formbuilder in bluevoda. And besides I cant get that one to work either. I am not sure what to do next. I have figured out everything so far but this one has used way too much of my time. I am not sure what to do next. You guys are great and all your assistance is amazing.

Cliff

Comment

I would suggest ABVFP but you will probably have the same issue as with FMP....
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X