12014 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12014 error

I'm getting the 12014 password error, but only in the last few days. Previously I have been publishing with no issues, and have made no changes to the password (automatically filled in). I searched on previous threads, but they all seemed to suggest that it's a password typo issue. I've manually entered again the details, but still no luck. I have two tickets open with the support desk, but no response in over two days now, so I hope the forum users can help. I'm not discounting the fact that it may be a silly mistake on my part, but I'm stuck and can't update the site.

Re: 12014 error

Have a check you are using the correct IP & have a check you are not one of the server updates. LINK
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

How would I know if I am affected by the server change? My current server IP is 67.228.244.195.

Comment

That's Voda 11 I believe and no this is still the correct IP. Make sure you have the folder name correct too.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I didn't change the folder, and it is set as public_html.

Comment

Sometimes it's the most obvious and simplest thing that affects something like this. Even hitting the space bar at the end of a password can be an invisible error which could cause such an issue.

Treble check you have everything written correctly, even if it means removing and rewriting your username and pword and folder name again. If this fails try restarting your pc, failing that you'll have to wait for support to get back to you.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok - thanks for the suggestions, have tried all that again. Still no luck. It's the first issue I have had - is it usual for customer support to take so long to reply?

Comment

can you get into your control panel with the same username/pword?

Comment

No, it appears I can't...

Comment

So I have solved the reason why I am having the issue. Someone with access to the site re-set the password...

Just won't accept the new password now!

Comment

who else has access?

Comment

I took over the website from someone else. They accessed it earlier this week. I'm still going to keep the support ticket open as I still can't update.

Comment

Working...
                        X