Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJAX Failure

Hi all

Just tried to log on to my emails using CPanel and have noticed an error message "AJAX Failure". Does anyone know what this is? or what i need to do to be able to access my emails?

Any help would be good, thanks

Re: AJAX Failure

An Ajax failure can simply be due to server load. Simply retry a couple of times until it goes through.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey guys... something is afoul. I ran across this thread as I just started getting the same error on my dedicated server on a different host. Its a brand new server with a handful of domains operating at a fraction of its capacity.

The error described by the OP appears to be simultaneous with an error reported in my nightly email logs, that starts off with:

Can't locate Mail/SPF.pm

My host is currently stumped. My own WHM updates are set to STABLE, but something is definately not stable. Please post if you find anything out, as I have a feeling this is more widespread and it has nothing to do with server load.

Vlus

Comment

I have been trying to reload now for 3 days, i have sent 3 tickets off and had no reply.
        Need more help on this.

Vlus, you seem to be far more clued up on this than i think i ever will be; if you find a solution please let me know.

Matt

Comment

Ok, let me explain what Ajax is.

Ajax is an asynchronus request to retrieve some data (any type of data) from the server. This means that there is a Javascript in the page that makes the request, receives the answer from the server without reloading the page, and, according to this "answer" from the server, performs a certain task ON the page.
          This task might be reporting a message, or changing part of the page content.

In cpanel Ajax is used mainly to display certain functions / links / shortcuts etc.

An Ajax failure can be due to 3 different categories of reasons:
          1. Failure of the in-page Javascript: rather rare, and usually only connected to specific computer issues (Javascript functionality due to browser bug or settings). Rather improbable in your case otherwise it wouldn't even report the failure.
          2. Connection issues: again, error report would be missing, or a specific error message would appear
          3. Server NON response: this is the most probable. This might be due to server load, or some file gone bad, or ANYTHING else that can cause the server to NOT answer back.

Case 2 is usually a sporadic issue, meaning that as soon as the connection is restored, the Ajax works fine.

What I stated is that it MIGHT simply be due to server load. If this is not your case and the issue is permanent, then only support can give you a hand, by finding out what's wrong.

The same goes also for Vlus, even though he is not a VH customer.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK Thanks for the explanation.

Do we know how long this normally takes to get resolved?? Like i said i have been without email for 4 days now.

Comment

OK.

I am getting increasingly annoyed now.
              I have contacted BV for help and all they do is redirect me to this bloody link for a resolve.

Does anyone know what my options are? Should i change email service provider?

Help please.

Comment

Working...
              X