PDA

View Full Version : Publishing Problem - Between Main home/index & Subdomain

Eides
02-22-2010, 02:21 AM
My website URL is www.benefitplace.biz.

This weekend I edited my home page which is the "index". It previously came up perfectly! I also changed a subdomin. The subdomain is titled vesta-pandc and one of the pages has been, and is titled "index". Previously it came up fine.

Now when I enter www.benefitplace.biz, the "index" page for vesta-pandc appears. How do I correct this?

As always, thanks for the help!

Phil

Collectors-info
02-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Sounds like you just have to re-publish your 2 index pages to the correct directory's. IE: The correct one to vesta-pandc folder & the correct one to public_html folder.

PS, You have a massive amount of side scroll on your web pages through not keeping the pages under 1000px & using the centre in browser field.

Eides
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Nearly there!
The main www.benefitplace.biz "index" page now comes up fine. However, I republished the sudomain, vesta-pandc, index page to "vesta-pandc/index.html" and cannot find it! Did I save it correctly and what is the URL to pull up this page (What would I type in as the "Link" for the subdomain page?)

Thanks, Phil

PS I'm working on the page structuire!

Collectors-info
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
You would publish the new index page to public_html/vesta-pandc/ for the sub domain, & the link to the home page/index would be www.vesta-pandc.benefitplace.biz (http://www.benefitplace.biz/)
You would also publish ? "about-us" if there was one, to public_html/vesta-pandc/& the link would be
www.vesta-pandc.benefitplace.biz/about-us.html (http://www.benefitplace.biz/)

Eides
02-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Still Trying! When I type URL www.vesta-pandc.benefitplace.biz, an "old" www.benefitplace.biz page appears. When I tried to republish the subdomain, vesta-pandc, "index" page to "vesta-pandc/index.html, I am told "The File name is not valid". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Phil

zuriatman
02-22-2010, 07:32 PM
I think there should not be a slash after pandc.

publish to: "public_html/vesta-pandc"

Collectors-info
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Might be just a coincidence that this is at the same time? But are your domain subs up to date.?

Domain Registration Date: Tue Feb 24 08:45:00 GMT 2009
Domain Expiration Date: Tue Feb 23 23:59:59 GMT 2010
Domain Last Updated Date: Tue Feb 24 09:48:26 GMT 2009

Eides
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Chris

I have a receipt from VodaHost for $105.34 that states "paid in full". Are there other payments for subdomains?

I still have the subdomain problem! The subdomain folder is named vesta-pandc and the "index" page is named index.benefitplace.biz. Do I need to rename the page, what is the full code for republishing the page, and what would be the new accessible URL?

I'm obviously messing something up!

Thanks, Phil

Collectors-info
02-23-2010, 06:31 PM
No other payments needed, sub domains are free.
Now! you have confused me with a page called index.benefitplace.biz ?
Your new index page for the sub domain should be named just index & should be in your new folder that you should of made up on your computer so you don't get files from one site mixed up with the other site. So! you should have 2 index pages (1 for each site)

Eides
02-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks! But still a Problem!

I corrected the subdomain first page to just "index"! I tried to find the page with www.vesta-pandc.benefitplace.biz/index.html. An old BenefitPlace.biz index page appears. What do I do or change?

Phil