Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fla to swf

Hello,

I did a search and found some info on this but still have not got it figured out. Looked at some of the programs that would do a switch and they don't seem to work as far as going from fla to swf.

Thing that bugs me the most is that I have a new computer now and thought I had got the files off of the old one so I would have this but I guess not as I had this same thing on the other computer and got it to work...How i don't remember.

When I tried one of the programs (Flash Decompiler Trillix) it keeps saying that I don't have Adobe Flash Studio and won't be able to edit but I still can't just get the thing to convert it to swf.

Any ideas, I might have downloaded adobe flash demo to make it happen last time but don't really want to keep doing that for this kind of stuff but for just someone who kind of messes around with this to buy those programs is a lot of money. Is there any other way to do this?

I bought these already done and they came like this, I have contacted the person who made the file but don't know what He will say about it, probably will want more money for changing it to swf.

Anyway, if there is another way I would appreciate you letting me and others know.

Thanks

Re: fla to swf

The FLA file format is the "master" document format for Flash projects.

When you create a new Flash file or movie in the Macromedia Flash authoring program ie: Flash 8 or Flash CS4, you create an FLA file. This contains all the elements which make up the finished product, including graphics, animation instructions, actionscript code, comments, etc. FLA files can only be opened in a Macromedia Flash program like 8 or CS4 creating the swf is done from publishing from one of these programs. a fla file can not be converted in any other program. your best bet is to ether find someone with the program or buy the program from Adobe.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

i have 2 programs that convert many extensions to swf. - no promises as not sure if fla can be converted as Alien stated. willing to try for you - if you want to send me the file, i will convert and send it back to you. worth a try.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks to both of you for replying. I have sent the file to see what you can do with it and hope the file is right lol.

Is there a dumbed down version of the adobe flash that sells for less? Lot of money for a part time hobby and it is very part time lol.

Thanks again

Comment

just got email from the person who put the file together and He said in the email there should be and swf file in there also lol. It does not show up on my computer so I just don't know.

Off to work I guess will look harder when I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X