help me with Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me with Publishing

My website is http://www.wonderbobmagic.com and I need help with Publishing. When i'm in bv and I hit the Publish button then go to my webpage it still looks like what it did before. Maybe I have my root folders wrong I don't relly know about website makeing. If some one could please help help me I would be most greatful

Re: help me with Publishing

make sure you have choose the correct:
    Server IP number from drop down list
    Enter correct : User Name and Password
    Folder: public_html/yourdomainname

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
      make sure you have choose the correct:
      Server IP number from drop down list
      Enter correct : User Name and Password
      Folder: public_html/yourdomainname
      it's telling me there is no folder with that name when i try public_html with my domain name

Comment

in the publish folder type simply "public_html"

You will put there public_html/domainname ONLY if you are publishing in an addon domain.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          in the publish folder type simply "public_html"

You will put there public_html/domainname ONLY if you are publishing in an addon domain.
          k jst did that but my site still looks the same

Comment

It is IMPOSSIBLE that you have no public_html folder unless you have accidentally deleted it. Anyway this is NOT the case here as I can see your public_html folder.

Make sure that there are no whitespaces after the public_html
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

EDIT: you are asking how to publish on a NON VodaHost account ???????????

BV will not publish on a non VH account.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                It is IMPOSSIBLE that you have no public_html folder unless you have accidentally deleted it. Anyway this is NOT the case here as I can see your public_html folder.

Make sure that there are no whitespaces after the public_html
                there is no white space so I don't what i'm doing wrong I wish i new how to do a website and I do have a vh account and I did get the welcome e-mail

Comment

Wonderbob you are asking us to take a look at http://www.wonderbobmagic.com/ but I can only see an 'Index of' page.

You may also have a VH account but your domain name servers are not those of VH see here http://who.is/whois/wonderbobmagic.com/

So you need to address this first by logging it to your domain control panel and changing these name servers to the ones VH gave you in their email.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                    Wonderbob you are asking us to take a look at http://www.wonderbobmagic.com/ but I can only see an 'Index of' page.

You may also have a VH account but your domain name servers are not those of VH see here http://who.is/whois/wonderbobmagic.com/

So you need to address this first by logging it to your domain control panel and changing these name servers to the ones VH gave you in their email.
                    I hate to be stupid but where in cpanle do i go to change it

Comment

Where ever you bought the domain name from would have there own control panel where you can manage your domain.

If you bought it on-line you should have some login details to access it. If not you will have to email or ring them.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Where ever you bought the domain name from would have there own control panel where you can manage your domain.

If you bought it on-line you should have some login details to access it. If not you will have to email or ring them.
                        well what i did was i used a site called allwayswebhosting and I think i bought that domain though them but something happend where i had to cancle that account

Comment

Well you will have to sort that out because your domain name currently resides with them. I would email or ring them and ask them to change the name servers to those of VH.
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Well you will have to sort that out because your domain name currently resides with them. I would email or ring them and ask them to change the name servers to those of VH.
                            well i have a nother qusetion is there anyway I can change that or do allwayswebhosting have to do that them selfs

Comment

Typically you can buy your domains on-line, I guess allwayswebhosting allow this too.

The question is - Did you?

If you did you should've had some login information to allow you to manage your domain.

If you didn't then you will have to ring them or email them and get them to do it.
                              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                              X