Would you please review my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you please review my site?

BV is great and I'm sure there is so much more I could learn to better my site.

Would you please view and offer any comments or suggestions you have. Thank you. www.liliesofthefieldflorals.com

Re: Would you please review my site?

The site needs some sort of consistency of colour & uniformity.
    All of the portfolio area needs revamping as all the images are distorted through using the blue tabs to enlarge an image. (Images should never be enlarged this way)
    Would get rid of these two images as they are out of focus.....

Your keywords & description is the same for all pages & should be bespoke to the individual pages content. The part below isn't.

<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="Bridal bouquets, San Diego Wedding Flowers, San Diego Wedding Florist, San Diego County Florals, East San Diego County Wedding Flowers, Event Flowers, Special Event Floral Designer, El Cajon Wedding Flowers,">
    <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="San Diego County Wedding & Event Flowers. Extraordinary custom creations, superior quality, and top-notch customer service makes Lilies of the Field truly exceptional. ">
    The keywords also have to be part of the pages text content.
    Your page also needs to come down to below 1000px wide if you want most visitors not to have side scroll. At the moment it is around 1100px.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your contact E Mail URL has no active link to it on any of the pages where you have it displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFA View Post
        Your contact E Mail URL has no active link to it on any of the pages where you have it displayed.
        Thanks for your feedback but I'm confused. Are you saying that if you're on my home (index) page, or any other page that clicking on the contact page in the menu bar doesn't take you to the contact page?

I use either google Chrome or Firefox browsers and the links work there. I've also tested the contact page and receive the emails I send.

I'm puzzled, would you please explain. Thank you.

P.S. Anybody else see this?

Comment

Originally posted by BlossomV View Post
          Thanks for your feedback but I'm confused. Are you saying that if you're on my home (index) page, or any other page that clicking on the contact page in the menu bar doesn't take you to the contact page?

I use either google Chrome or Firefox browsers and the links work there. I've also tested the contact page and receive the emails I send.

I'm puzzled, would you please explain. Thank you.

P.S. Anybody else see this?
          Think they are referring to the email text at the bottom of each page.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
            The site needs some sort of consistency of colour & uniformity.
            All of the portfolio area needs revamping as all the images are distorted through using the blue tabs to enlarge an image. (Images should never be enlarged this way)
            Would get rid of these two images as they are out of focus.....

Your keywords & description is the same for all pages & should be bespoke to the individual pages content. The part below isn't.

<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="Bridal bouquets, San Diego Wedding Flowers, San Diego Wedding Florist, San Diego County Florals, East San Diego County Wedding Flowers, Event Flowers, Special Event Floral Designer, El Cajon Wedding Flowers,">
            <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="San Diego County Wedding & Event Flowers. Extraordinary custom creations, superior quality, and top-notch customer service makes Lilies of the Field truly exceptional. ">
            The keywords also have to be part of the pages text content.
            Your page also needs to come down to below 1000px wide if you want most visitors not to have side scroll. At the moment it is around 1100px.

Thank you Chris for your response. I will make some of the changes you suggested (I didn't realize some people had to side scroll to view pages since I don't). In regards to the images on the arrangement page, etc. I thought posting images using the lightbox was correct. Could you please tell me a better way to showing mutltipule images that are not the same size.

As for uniformity and consistency, I thought the site was. Would you please give me s!ome examples of what you mean. Thank you again for your helpful comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Think they are referring to the email text at the bottom of each page.
              ok, thanks!

Comment

"consistency of colour & uniformity"
                This was just a personal choice of the page colours being different on all pages.

The side scroll is not noticed by the creator if they have nice big wide screens untill the site is seen a a freinds normal screen.

Not sure on the light box comment? But must admit that i don't like the thing, purely on a technical way it works & makes the pages heavy in kb's.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X