windows media player problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows media player problem

I have a list of audios on a page in media player. When I go online it tries to download all the media files right off instead of just when the play button is pressed. Also for some reason it has starting playing all of then at page loaded....I don't know why it has started doing that! Can anyone help please! the pages are found at:

Thanks Ruth

Re: windows media player problem

Have managed to stop the mediafiles from all playing simultaneously, but they are all still trying to download on page load, which slows things down considerably...any help please?
    Ruth
    www.mowcopchurch.com

Comment

when you import the file you have the option of autostart, untick that box. now when someone goes to the page, they will hve to click on the play button for it to start. here is an example - these files are so small, i was able to put 2 on the same page, but usually i would have one on a page.
      www.patsmelkoff.com/mimi.html
      one on a page is:
      www.patsmelkoff.com/cindy.html

another way to reduce the size is to make it a flash video. swf like here:
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for your help have got it soughted now!
        Ruth

Comment

i like the way you have done this. would be nice if you enlightened us on how you did it. what did you use for the player?
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hello Mr Magoo!
            THe sermons index page I linked each individual title to a new page of it's own under the same title as the mp3 but change the .mp3 to.html, with reduced paged properties so it was a small box and made it a pop up window. Then I linked the mp3 for download and used media player for audio streaming, just made it long and thin. Glad you like it though!!

Comment

what media player did you use? windows? or did you get another player?
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I used the windows media player icon in Blue Voda web builder and just clicked and dragged the corners to change the shape to long and thin. You need then to right click on it and add the mp3 file name of the mp3 that is already uploaded onto your FTP page....Hope that made sense...if not just let me know and I'd be glad to try and help.
                Ruth
                www.mowcopchurch.com

Comment

Working...
                X