Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal in iframes

Hi,

I seem to have managed to get around most of the issues associated with Paypal and Iframes, but I am in the process of changing all of my 'buy it now' buttons to 'add to cart'.

The problem with this is that when an item is added to the cart and the paypal window opens, if the user clicks on 'continue shopping', it opens a new window with the page that was in the iframe, rather than the full website.

It isn't a major problem, but I think it looks a bit amateurish, plus the user then has to close the paypal window, close the new window and then return to the full site to continue shopping. This is enough of a problem for me to be considering moving my website elsewhere (something like Clikpic where I won't need iframes).

My website is www.nolonstacey.com
    New Art website www.nolonstacey.com

Re: Paypal in iframes

I've just checked a site I did using pay pal using add to cart, view cart etc and unlike you I haven't used Iframes.

Have a look for yourself http://www.harrisand.co.uk/online_shop.php when you add to cart then view cart, continue shopping and generally flicking backwards and forwards, you will see no NEW pages are opening. Is this what you are trying to achieve?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

That is what i'm trying to achieve and I know that the problem is the iframe, but I don't want to have to completely change the layout of my galleries and remove the iframes. If there is a way to create something similar to my current gallery layout without iframes, I certainly could look at that, but BlueVoda's gallery or lightbox certainly doesn't work for me.

Comment

not sure if i did this correctly but i just put a pay pal button add to cart in my iframe and it seems to offer continue shopping. i think maybe it is your buy now button versus the add to cart? go to my home page and click on mrmagoo and it will bring you to the iframe page.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

That does work as it should! Maybe you're right about the buy it now buttons affecting things. I'm just in the process of changing all of those over, but with over 100 prints on my website, it's a lot of changes to make. I'll try it again once i've changed all the buttons over.
          Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how I go on.

Comment

why not try just one and see if it works, that way if it doesnt then maybe pay pal can fix it with a special code.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Incidentally in my example, I used the code that PayPal gave me, rather than use the BlueVoda Buttons and I am pretty sure getting the code this way, the add to cart buttons will force the paypal page to display in the I-Frame. How it will render (up/down, left/right scroll), I don't know. My only conceren is the 'view cart' button which is outside the I-Frame....hmmm I would test it by placing it on each I-Frame page to for it to display the basket in the same I-Frame.

As mrmagoo says, try it with one and see if it works.

Let us know.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I'm afraid that still didn't work. Strangely enough, it works fine on my Mac, but not with Windows.

Does anyone know of a simple way to create a gallery (ideally similar to my current gallery), without iframes, but with the ability to add to cart (which BVs gallery or lightbox don't seem to do)?

Comment

Standby and I'll put something together and test it!!
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I've tested and can't get it to work. Your site looks great and I would suggest you talk to Naval Design directly who is a pro on this sort of thing. Might cost you a couple of dollars but will be worth it.
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

NStacey, Did you get this working the way you want yet? It seems to be working fine... Could you tell me how you got the Paypal 'Continue Shopping' to go back to your original page rather than the page that's in the iframe?
                      BeauxArtsFair.com
                      ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
                      GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpmonkey View Post
                        NStacey, Did you get this working the way you want yet? It seems to be working fine... Could you tell me how you got the Paypal 'Continue Shopping' to go back to your original page rather than the page that's in the iframe?
                        It still doesn't work. Depending on your OS, it seems to work with Safari, but not internet explorer.

I'm afraid I have decided to take my website elsewhere - I have already fully created the new site, but it won't be live for a few weeks yet. This is no reflection on Vodahost, but I was able to create a much 'slicker' site elsewhere, which my Bluevoda skills weren't a match for.

Comment

I just joined paypal and they gave me a button I downloaded, but where do I paste the forum target code I copied?

Comment

Working...
                          X