email and account names ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email and account names ????

How on earth did I end up with an account name of xyzswyuv (madeup)
    which I cannot change and is hopeless to remember ?
    I read a thread in CPanel forum that you cannot change your
    account name/username.
    This would seem to mean that you cannot have a choice of a decent
    sounding Email address.
    Reading and viewing the tutorials always referenced Account name and
    password......I am allowed to change the password so whats going on with
    the account name??
    .....or have I got this all wrong ??
    I chose a domain name for Email purposes.
    like info@domainName.com
    Any comments ???.......can this really not be changed??
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Re: email and account names ????

Your email account (s) have nothing to do with your useranme. You set email accounts through your CP and they can be whatever you want them to be, (f.e. elisa@yourdomain.com. info@yourdomain.com etc)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i've setup 2 email accounts enquiries@gowersurfandgolf.com and info@gowersurfandgolf.com , i've smailed out with sucees and received emails with success but when i reply to an email it goes from (username)@gowersurfandgolf.com ...how do i change it please???

Comment

This is because you have set the username in Outlook Express settings. If you don't want it like that, enter the account properties in Outlook Express and instead of f.e. "John" give it as username your email address also.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

David, that one with that weird string is the default - but you can just ignore it entirely and set-up like you want - follow the instructions and you'll have it exactly how you want.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            This is because you have set the username in Outlook Express settings. If you don't want it like that, enter the account properties in Outlook Express and instead of f.e. "John" give it as username your email address also.
            i've been using horde rather than outlookk express - what do i do then?

Comment

Horde: loggin > Options > Personal Information > at the bottom > Your From: address Change it to what you want, or simply put your email address in there
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X