Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! cant figure out how to have text show when you roll over an image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! cant figure out how to have text show when you roll over an image.

Hey,

I cant figure out how to have text show when you scroll over an image. trying to figure it out for a day or 2 with no look!

any one any ideas?

Re: HELP! cant figure out how to have text show when you roll over an image.

Double click the image
    look for 'Alternate text' field.
    Type in there what you want
    Republish
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the reply marincky but i tried that and it does not seem to be working. I filled in the alternative text area in the image properties and when i publich the page and move over the image no text is showing?

Any ideas?

Comment

what browser you using to view your site?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i thought the roll over has to be an image so here is what you have to do unless you have software that can convert text into images. if not, type the rollover text you want to ultimately have, right click the text and you will get a text properties window. click in the box to make it an image. save the page with just the text on it, publish it. once live right click on the text that is on the page, save it as the rollover image 2. now use the roll over tool and import image 1 and then image 2(which is the text that you saved above.) here is an example of it:
          www.videopostcards.info/rollover2.html
          good luck
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Magoo, I think you've misread. He wants the alt tag to show on an image

Comment

Well I think that's what he means, if he means what you think he means, then question written poorly.

Comment

well by doing the rollover he will have the text showing. im not sure the alt text shows when you mouse over it. i will try it though.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I think his use of the word 'rollover' is not what you or I might think it is initially matey.

Comment

i have just made an image and then wrote the alt text, saved it and then published it. when i mouse over nothing happens. the only value of the alt text, i thought was for people that are blind and have special equipment to read images. oh well, maybe the author of this request can clear it up. until then how is it going Marincky?
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Yeah not bad... have more days off now than I use to... life is far more leisurely ; - )

Comment

thanks for the replys guys,

sorry bout mix up, bit of a newbie at this. im trying to have text appear over an image when you put the mouse over it. The alt text does work, thanks for the advise marincky, however this only works in windows and does not work in firefox or safari.

Do you know if it can work or if im wasting my time.

Jon

Comment

doesn't show in Opera either, don't worry about it, as long as it shows in IE you're fine. No you're not wasting your time by doing it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice marincky,

appreciate it,

Jon

Comment

No Problem, you're welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X