Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you please review my first experience :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you please review my first experience :)

Hi, here is my first experience in site building... It took me about three weeks to do it. Please can you look at it and let me know my mistakes. I would be grateful for any advice! :)

Re: would you please review my first experience :)

Originally posted by lyutika View Post
    Hi, here is my first experience in site building... It took me about three weeks to do it. Please can you look at it and let me know my mistakes. I would be grateful for any advice! :)
    Oops! the website... www.acu-pad.co.uk :)

Comment

Hi you've done a great job however I have picked up a few bits and bobs to help you on your way.

1) Shop link, I had to fish around for, found it and it was a dead link.
      2) Your nav buttons have a white background so would really best suited on a white page background.
      3) The lady with the towel is clickable but goes to a dead page.
      4) It seems you are linking images to the page they are on which isn't neccessary.
      5) Testimonial link doesn't work
      6) You havn't validated any of email fields to prevent receiving blank emails, like I've just sent you.
      7) Success page works OK although on this page all the navigation is missing so that means people have no choice but to leave your site.
      On your paypal account I would assign a domain email address instead of the ymail.com one you have just to make it look a bit more professional.
      9) I would put some footer links on each page, just to finish the page off nicely.
      10) Search these boards on 'Page Titles' to give you a better idea of what you should do.

Anyhow your site looks great and you are almost there and I hope some of my pointers will help you.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        Hi you've done a great job however I have picked up a few bits and bobs to help you on your way.

2) Your nav buttons have a white background so would really best suited on a white page background.
        4) It seems you are linking images to the page they are on which isn't neccessary.
        6) You havn't validated any of email fields to prevent receiving blank emails, like I've just sent you.
        7) Success page works OK although on this page all the navigation is missing so that means people have no choice but to leave your site.
        On your paypal account I would assign a domain email address instead of the ymail.com one you have just to make it look a bit more professional.
        9) I would put some footer links on each page, just to finish the page off nicely.
        10) Search these boards on 'Page Titles' to give you a better idea of what you should do.

Anyhow your site looks great and you are almost there and I hope some of my pointers will help you.
        Dear Darren, Thank you very much for your notes. I will go through all of them and try to correct...

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post

Hi Darren,
          It's Mila again...
          1. Sorry for being so unprofessional, but what is the Shop Link? I thought it is the button To buy and the button Buy now...
          2. I couldn't find how to change the buttons background, so I will change the page background later... it takes time :)
          3. How to validate the email fields to prevent receiving blank emails? What shall I do for this?
          Thank you very much for all your tips :)

Comment

Working...
          X