Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please guide me re. javascript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please guide me re. javascript?

Hi,

I am trying to use a field to record a date on a form and if possible I want to use a calendar picklist. I have found a free script that suggests this should be possible. see: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...opcalendar.htm

It seems to do this I need to introduce some javascript into my webpage\formfield. Unfortunately, the BV videos only touch on this subject by indicating that it can be done (no practical examples).

I am not a technical developer which is why I was attracted to using BV and hosting with VodaHost. However, I am willing to learn, if someone can point me in the right direction or make available for me a BVP example that I can pick to pieces to see how it is done.

Any offers?

Thanks.

Paul (pulsoft)
    Last edited by VodaHost; 06-14-2005, 02:45 PM.

here ya go...

Hi Paul, I am a beginner as well but I have used a few of the scripts and they came out good. What you do is paste the script in its entirety into HTML on the page you want the object to appear (like the calender). To do this, Right click on the page, go to HTML. Now make sure you've put it in the right section - meaning "Head" or "Body". Look for this direction on that website.
    After you've put the code in, save and re-publish your page.

Something else - you may need to change a few things on your code to make it your own- look for these intructions on the website you've gotten it from.

Comment

Thanks pony. I have already tried this but I will try again.

It is not so much placing the script in the HTML as trying to control where the calendar control will appear and in which form field. How do I do this?

Comment

Hi, do I under stand you want a form to emails back etc with a auto data using the script above yes?

then you need to edit the pupdate.js so if appears in you form box.

or are you having problems getting the script to work?

Update to BV 6. its now a lot easier to add html into the right place.
        www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
        BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
        Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

ps, if you not sure how to edit the pupdate.js buzz here

Comment

Thanks for your replies Maddog. I am not sure where to place scripts.
            I am also not sure if I need a field on my form which I have to associate in some way with the script or whether the script allocates a field for the date. If the script allocates a field - how do I then ensure that the field is located in the correct place on my form. etc. etc.

Paul

Comment

will try

Originally posted by pulsoft
              Thanks for your replies Maddog. I am not sure where to place scripts.
              I am also not sure if I need a field on my form which I have to associate in some way with the script or whether the script allocates a field for the date. If the script allocates a field - how do I then ensure that the field is located in the correct place on my form. etc. etc.

Paul
              Hi Mate,

I will try and help you!

Download the zip file, containing "pupdate.js" file into your PC, remember where you save it!!!

then upload to your public folder, use the FPT

Add the code to the HEAD section of your webpage, right click on you page, click page HTML, got head and paste.

now this is the hard bit not sure if it will work

goto step 3 and paste into the form boby html(same as above, but click the form)

Make sure you change the http to where the pupdate.js is in your pubic directy i.e. http://yoursitename/pupdate.js

that should work, not 100% sure

Comment

Thanks Maddog,

I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Paul

Comment

Success

Thanks Maddog,

After you pointed me in the general direction, I was able to work out what was wrong with my previous attempts. I used a different JS routine in the end which just required an entry in the header, a js file and associated graphics files in the location where the web page resides and a javascript container on my form in the location I wanted the date field to appear. The script in the container was a simple one liner which contained the name of the field I wanted to record the date in.

Now all I need to do is work out how to order the fields on my form in a sequential sequence. At the moment when I tab between the fields they sequence randomly. I suspect I must have copied fields and moved them around without realising the consequences.

The final thing I will need to do is understand the PHP script for the submit button. That should be fun!

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT..............

Thanks again.

Paul

Comment

You worked out the hard bit Paul, wtg!

Use the FEEDBACK.php you will find a copy of here, just do search.

Have fun

Comment

Working...
                    X