Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Receiving Email from Submitted Form

Hey,

I watched a tutorial video on changing an already made form, and decided it would probably be less of a headache to get what I want from just making the entire form in this manner. However now, when I submit it, it takes me to the success page, but doesn't send an email. I've checked other posts and can't seem to figure it out. Maybe it's working and just taking a while to send? idk... any help would be appreciated :)

-Drew

Re: Not Receiving Email from Submitted Form

At Validation > Data Length > Check Data Required > Fill in Minimum characters .

Comment

Thanks, that makes since now... lol... but it's still not sending an email to the specified email address (or any for that matter) any other ideas?

Comment

Are you using webmail or others mail from yahoo etc?
        I was told must send to webmail then forward it to others.

Comment

OK. I think I have figured out the problem.
          The initial value (First Name and others fields) is already more than the minimum required characters that you set.

To solve the problem - don't put initial value in the Edit Box.

Comment

First, rename the "Email" field to "email"
            Second, use an email address within your own domain
            Third, check for emails in your webmail. If they get there, the page works fine.

Then we can take it from there.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

George, can check box be made into required field,
              like this one we see here http://www.real-life-online.org/volunteer.php?
              Thanks.

Comment

But, making a checkbox required is meaningless! exeption made for the Agree to Terms (or similar) case.

If it has to be checked, what's the purpose of adding it to the form ?????

Anyway, you can't make it required with BV's validation Tools, you have to make it required either using a Javascript or in php level by adding verification code in the processor or in the Start of PAge.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

1. Rename your "Email" field to "email"
                  2. Set, in the form properties, the email address where you want to receive the mails.
                  3. Set, in the form properties, the success and the error pages. If you haven't already created these pages, create and publish them.

Then Save, Publish, Refresh before testing, and post back.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

My site is www.anvildancer.com. I am a bit rusty since I have not done much with my site for quite awhile. The Form on my contact page was working fine. It was recently brought to my attention that it is not working. I confirmed that it was not working when I ran my own little test. I submitted a CS ticket and was given these threads to look at. I have followed all the suggestions and still no luck. (I guess if I were relying on luck I maybe waiting for awhile.) I checked properties on the form, and both the email addess is correct as well as the success and error pages. When I send a mail message, it must go somewhere, because I get my success page when I test. It does not go to the mail address listed in properties. As is/was ny_yanke_25 I am down trodden and miffed. I also changed Email to email in the email field on the form, I think. Any suggestions?

Comment

Check your email address to one within the domain itself, and check to see if it arrives in your webmail, as, very often, mails are blocked by third ISPs.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

ND,

I did what you suggested to the best of my understanding regarding www.anvildancer.com. The mail address that I have listed in "properties" for the form is within the domain. Also, I went into webmail. When I brought up webmail, it showed that there were (15) listings next to the "Inbox" field. When I clicked on "Inbox," it said there were no messages. I did this repeatedly with the same result. I am not a geek, but I learned a long time ago that usually the program is doing exactly what you are telling it to do. With my limited base of knowledge I am not able to find the glitch. Have you any more suggestions?

David

Comment

You might try making a new email account within that same domain and then update the form with that one. Publish, refresh and then test it. I was having this same problem and this worked for me. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X