Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passward and login

Hi,

I would like to have one of my site pages for subscribers only.

How do i lock this page for nonsubscribers?
    How do i have new customers sign in?
    How do i control my subscribers?

Thanks
    Ophir

Re: passward and login

I am interested in the same question. When I go to my c panel and click on password protection button, I don't see any of the files that I want to password protect........where are they or how do I get them on there?

Comment

Originally posted by ophir atar View Post
      Hi,

I would like to have one of my site pages for subscribers only.

How do i lock this page for nonsubscribers?
      How do i have new customers sign in?
      How do i control my subscribers?

Thanks
      Ophir

BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by mikee2 View Post
        I am interested in the same question. When I go to my c panel and click on password protection button, I don't see any of the files that I want to password protect........where are they or how do I get them on there?
        Through cpanel you can protect entire folders, not single pages.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, so I put all these pages I want password protect into a folder, call it "services", and then how do I get the folder into the c panel?

Comment

Ok, so I put all these pages I want password protect into a folder, call it "services", and then how do I get the folder into the c panel?
            Not sure what you mean?

You create the folder using FTP. You publish your pages into that folder. Then you go in your CPanel, and make this folder password protected.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Ok.
              How do you go for the whole process?

1. Make your customer register to be a subscriber.
              2. Send him an email with name and passward.
              3. Make a login button that allows only sign-in customers to come in.

Thanks
              Ophir

Comment

I have attempted to add the signup page. Followed tutorial to the letter, b ut evidently not. Ok, I saved the page as normal, signup.html,,,,,,,when I go to the page live on the net, I fill out all the names, emails etc.....click created and get an error, broke link......what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by ophir atar View Post
                  Ok.
                  How do you go for the whole process?

1. Make your customer register to be a subscriber.
                  2. Send him an email with name and passward.
                  3. Make a login button that allows only sign-in customers to come in.

Thanks
                  Ophir
                  Please first READ the tutorial, then post if you have issues.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I have attempted to add the signup page. Followed tutorial to the letter, b ut evidently not. Ok, I saved the page as normal, signup.html,,,,,,,when I go to the page live on the net, I fill out all the names, emails etc.....click created and get an error, broke link......what happened?
                    If you read again, you will see that the pages must be published as .php, not as .html. Only then it will work ok. BUT, did you create the necessary Database file first ?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I will try again. I m a veteran of VN myself and all those insignias bring back some good memories......thanks....especially the stars, even to this day, if I saw General in person, it would still take my breath away. I still have respect for rank.

Comment

what's the best way to check and see if the database was done correctly?

Comment

Connect to your site with FTP and check to see if the database file (with the default name or the name you assigned it) exists in the expected location (folder)
                          Navaldesign

Comment

well, it's not in a folder, it just says file and all the .php's don't have the "e" infront of them, as do the .html. So, should the "database" file be in a folder? If so, do I make a folder on the left side and drag it to the right side and put the user3456.php file in the folder.

Comment

Why aren't my .php pages showing when I go to the website. Is there any difference in publishing a .php page as compared to a .html? I put a comment box and it doesn't show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X