X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll bars on inline frames

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you all.

Is is possible to add a scroll function on an inline frame without showing the scroll bar.

An example:

On my website mobile-focus.com a like using inline frames as i only need to update a page and insert the frame where i need it instead of manually updating every page... the only thing is I have to activate scroll bar in inlineframe properties cause the space that i give the iframe is smaller than the page. These scrollbars are a little untidy for me... I only need to scroll down... but when i disactivate them the page in the iframe is static (doesn't move).

What i need is basicaly a way to add a function to the iframe or page destination that when i scroll down with mousescroll that the page moves down in iframe (without any scrollbars).

...or what javascript function to use on an image to target=inlineframe1 function=??? scrolldown on mousescroll, or... I don't know???!

PLEASE HELP

thanks for the insight

Re: Scroll bars on inline frames

Cant think of any way off hand using BV.
    Not sure if you noticed! But your pages have a tremendous amount of side scroll with them being set at 1500 wide.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi chris,
      Thanks for your post.
      I don't know how you see that but I don't have sidescroll otherwise there would be a bottom scrollbar...no? That's not important as the size can be adapted on what i need. I only need down and up scroll. I now this is a BV forum, but sometimes we need to look a little more forward than BV to get what we need. I am a crazy BV user and always will be, especially when it makes me learn much quicker when I see the script...

...but scripts can be modified, we're creators no?

anyone know what i need then... and even insert it as html?

Comment

You might be able to adapt from these scripts.
        On the side scroll part. You have quite likely got a very nice wide screen monitor? most pepole don't. As BV hasn't got a fluidity type adjustment to auto fit all screen sizes, its recommended to keep it under the 1000 mark.
        Email some freinds & see what they say. I loose at least 1/3 viewing on my screen.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi again Chris,

Sorry, i think i explained wrong. I'm not talking about the browsers scrollbar... but my inlineframe scrollbars on my page - and not the width of my page on the browser. Non of my iframes are more than 1000pxls wide. I now that my webpage is wide... that's also why i want to insert iframes which work on mousescroll and not scrollbar ON THE IFRAME so i can clean it up and put all on length to reduce width. These scripts are great... I will have a bash to try and modify my inlineframes.
          I want the mousescroll like it is now... but without the scrollbar on the inlineframe. Possible???

Thanks

If anyone has a solution...

Comment

Unless I'm mis-understanding this seems like a very strange conversation going on here. Simply clicking on 'dont show scrollbars' will remove the scrollbars and then the visitor would have to use his mouse to scroll down. Is that what you are after?

I would show you an example, I made one only two days ago and it worked perfect. Only thing is my client wanted the scroll bar put back.

But it's simple...
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

...you understand what I need! Thank-you. But in iframe properties you have the possibility in appearance to either always, if needed, or never.
              If always - scrollbar is there!
              If nedded - scrollbar is there too because the iframe size is smaller than my page in iframe.
              or never...

the only possibility that could help me is 'never', but then when you click on the iframe and scroll... the page scrolls ...but not my iframe.

Try it out:

-create an inlineframe to a webpage larger than the size of your iframe.
              -choose no scrollbar
              -preview
              ...and you will see that when you click on the page and mousescroll - it scrolls
              ...but when you click on the inlineframe and mouse scroll - the whole page scrolls, but not the page in the inlineframe which i want to scroll...

I just need scroll on the inlineframe when I click on it... but without showing the scrollbar of the inlineframe....

hmmmm!

Comment

Maybe a javascript function onmouseover scroll???
                don't know coding... any ideas?

Comment

I don't need to try it, trust me it works... but i think your problem is caused because your page scrolls too. If your page didn't scroll, your frame would.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

correct, i didn't question your wisdom ... but that is my problem. Is there a way to add a javascript function to the inlineframe that it is targeted and not the rest of my page?

eg: somehow insert: onmouseover="scroll_up" onmouseout="end_scroll" to the inlineframe html before,in,or after tag??? and don't even know if the code is correct that it will work?

There are javascript functions on images... in BV but not on inlineframes, would be good for the future!

any tips... or does anyone know the onemouseover scroll up, onmouseover scroll down javascript function that i could apply to two images and then i will just simply target the inlineframe... there is no scroll java function in BV.

Comment

Originally posted by mobile-focus.admin View Post
                      correct, i didn't question your wisdom ... but that is my problem. Is there a way to add a javascript function to the inlineframe that it is targeted and not the rest of my page?

eg: somehow insert: onmouseover="scroll_up" onmouseout="end_scroll" to the inlineframe html before,in,or after tag??? and don't even know if the code is correct that it will work?

There are javascript functions on images... in BV but not on inlineframes, would be good for the future!

any tips... or does anyone know the onemouseover scroll up, onmouseover scroll down javascript function that i could apply to two images and then i will just simply target the inlineframe... there is no scroll java function in BV.

hmm... ok lol now you're getting way over my head... Hopefully George (Naval) might see this thread, I think he may know. Sorry

Comment

... found a solution which works for me. I just hide the scroll bar of the inlineframe behind a picture or other item. I guess not the authentic, but it works just how i need it to.

Check-out on my homepage mobile-focus.com, left side, price changes... just click on the inlineframe and it scrolls without influencing the rest of the page... and with no scrollbar . Could be useful to others...

Comment

Every one to there own! But how will a visitor know this?
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X