My login/logout links not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My login/logout links not working

I have recently changed my index page and since then my login and logout buttons dont work.

webpage: http://www.recruitment-101.com/register%20sign%20in.php

the error message: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php:2) in /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php on line 120

The error logout: a 404error

please help because it is not good to have a website that has broken links.
    thanks in advance.

Re: My login/logout links not working

Your setup is wrong.

Please read the login system tutorial. Each object MUST be in a separate page. You can't have both the registration form and the Login form in the same page.

So first fix these issues, then see if it works, and if it doesn't post again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      Your setup is wrong.

Please read the login system tutorial. Each object MUST be in a separate page. You can't have both the registration form and the Login form in the same page.

So first fix these issues, then see if it works, and if it doesn't post again.

But it worked before perfectly well until i changed my index page that was when evrything fell apart. I do not know if it has anything to do with the home page now called index instead home. Please help me quick!. Anyway i did what you said and it still gives this error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php:2) in /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php on line 85

i also get this error message when i click on logout:

Not Found

The requested URL /< was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.recruitment-101.com Port 80

Comment

Open your register sign in page.
        View, Page HTML. Click on Start of Page

Place your cursor in the lower window and press Canc and Del repeatedly to make sure that you delete all whitespaces or newlines that are there (they are invisible)
        Save, publish and test
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Place your cursor in the lower window and press Canc and Del repeatedly to make sure that you delete all whitespaces or newlines that are there (they are invisible)
          Save, publish and test
          Do you mean Ctrl delete? because that is what i did but i am still getting this error below:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php:72) in /home/nycglazj/public_html/register sign in.php on line 155

Comment

I aso get this error message when i click on my log out button:
            Not Found

The requested URL /< was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.recruitment-101.com Port 80

Comment

Obviously you also have added more code or code generating objects in your pages.

Since we can't see the php code of your page, there is no way to help you.

If you wish post here the entire page code so I can have a look.
              Navaldesign

Comment

is this what you mean? please have a look. thanks

Moderator's comment: issue solved, code deleted.

Comment

Save, publish and test

Yaaaayyyy!! you were right all along, i just did not delete well. Thank you thank you thank you. You are the master webster. Thanks. I am so relieved, my register/sign in is working properly now.. Phew!

Comment

Please do you know what an fckeditor is and how i can access it?
                    Thanks

Comment

fck editor is an online rich text editor that allows you to input text, images, tables, bookmarks, forms etc. More or less what BV allows you to do, but it is online.

However, it is only useful if you then store the code that is generated in a database or file for future use, otherwise it is meaningless.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X