IP Address for publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Address for publishing

I am having severe difficulty and would appreciate any help or advice that can be offered.

I have done quite a silly thing in that I purchased my domain name and hosting package from separate companies and somewhat hastily, this means I dont have a robust method to create a website and publish direct with one organisation which seems the simplest way to do things if your a complete novice such as I am.

Now I have altered the dns server numbers so that my domaon name supplier is pointed to the correct host server or vica versa, not sure. I tried to publish the site i have created with BV however the IP address that i was supplied from my hosting company does not appear on the list on the drop down box on BV when trying to publish. Am i doing something totally silly or is this an easy fix !!

Manythanks in advance

Patrick

Re: IP Address for publishing

If you have purchased Hosting from VodaHost, your IP address MUST be in BV's list of IP's, unless this is a recent addition, in which case you might need to re-download / re-install BlueVoda.

If it is the domainname that you purchased from VH and hosting elsewhere, you will not be able to publish with BlueVoda as it only works with VodaHost accounts.

What's your IP address ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI,

Thanks for the reply. My hosting package is through Namesco and their server IP address is 85.233.160.70.

I guess BV is of no use to me then if I cant publish to my hosts server, am I correct ?

Patrick

Comment

Exactly! You need a VodaHost hosting account to publish with BlueVoda.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi,
          how do we find what our IP address is?
          thank you
          www.follownotrends.com

Comment

I have the same problem as Patrick2504. I followed my brother's "experienced" advice and registered with NetFirms.com ... and then the nightmare began. I was finally able to publish a trial site of sorts but it is completely unacceptable and the host publishing program (FileZilla) is extremely difficult to work with.

I subsequently found Blue Voda and was able to design myself an acceptable website. I'm willing to also pay for Blue Voda hosting and chalk the added expense up to the price of my education.

My question is: how do I get that ****py site down from the NetFirms host server and my new Blue Voda site up? Is it just a matter of transferring my domain name over to Blue Voda?

Thanks for any help.
            Jennifer

sigpic
            Citizenship & Immigration Services
            www.Immigrate2Canada.ca

Professional - Ethical - Dependable - Afffordable

Comment

Originally posted by fnt View Post
              hi,
              thank you
              Your IP address is 75.126.104.136 . You are on server Voda 6. If this IP address doesn't appear in your drop down list, most probably it is due to the fact that this server is brand new and the IP address has been added lately. Download the latest version of BV which has this IP address included.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffner View Post
                I have the same problem as Patrick2504. I followed my brother's "experienced" advice and registered with NetFirms.com ... and then the nightmare began. I was finally able to publish a trial site of sorts but it is completely unacceptable and the host publishing program (FileZilla) is extremely difficult to work with.

I subsequently found Blue Voda and was able to design myself an acceptable website. I'm willing to also pay for Blue Voda hosting and chalk the added expense up to the price of my education.

My question is: how do I get that ****py site down from the NetFirms host server and my new Blue Voda site up? Is it just a matter of transferring my domain name over to Blue Voda?

Thanks for any help.
                If you are allowed to transfer, then you should :

1. Purchase a VodaHost account.
                2. Transfer the domain to VodaHost (you are entitled to 1 free domain transfer when you purchase a VH account).

But, most probably you are not allowed to transfer for some time period (usually 60 days after domain name registration).

So please follow this other procesure:

1. Purchase a new account from VH. If the domain name you already have is to be the main domain of this account, then do not select the freedomain name option. If you do, the new, free domain name will be the main domain of that account, whilst your existing one can be added as "add on" domain.

2. After the account is setup, you will recieve from VH a welcome mail, which will contain, among other info, your account/domain nameservers and IP address. Go in your Netfirms domain control panel, and change your nameservers to be the ones that VH has sent you.
                3. at this point, in a few hours, your VH site will be live replacing the Netfirms one (takes some hrs for the propagation through the WWW)
                4. At your convenience, ask VH to transfer the domain, when that will be possible.. At this point time will not be very important, as your site will be live.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by fnt View Post
                  hi,
                  thank you
                  Paste follownotrends.com into this address & it can give you a lot of handy info.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for your prompt and concise response. Hopefully, I'll be up and running on VH shortly. I'm really looking forward to working with VH - my experience here has been user friendly and far less intimidating than with my previous ISP.

I have to tell you though that I did get a bit of a giggle from the ** censorship of my not-so-bad language. I'll try to refrain from such Canadian colloquialisms in the future! LOL

Jennifer
                    Jennifer

sigpic
                    Citizenship & Immigration Services
                    www.Immigrate2Canada.ca

Professional - Ethical - Dependable - Afffordable

Comment

Working...
                    X