os Commerce shopping cart help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• os Commerce shopping cart help

I have already have a website and I am using Paypal. I am currently working on a shopping cart to use within my site using os Commerce. I know that the shopping cart is not going to exactly match my site, but that is okay. I just want the same background color and for the cart to basically just show the added item(s). The problem is that it seems like os Commerce forces you to use a template that looks like I am setting up a new store. Is there any way to modify that? or am I using the wrong type of cart?

Re: os Commerce shopping cart help

I actually just found an another response to a question relating to this one I had placed earlier. Someone had written to use Mal's, since I did not get that far with this one I will give it a try. Thank you so much.

Comment

I've used Mals and it can be a bit fiddly and time consuming. Here is something else you can look at http://www.ecwid.com/ and it will work wonderfully with Bluevoda which makes use of the html boxes and is very simple to use.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

thank you, i was messing around with the mal and I was having issues trying to configure shipping. I'll try this one too.

Comment

Thank you, I checked it out and I prefer Mal's. The only thing is that I am using the shipping calculator with auctioninc.com with is compatible with Mal's, but when I paste the code into the Mal's shipping preferences it does not work properly. Since you worked with this cart any suggestions? The shipping is supposed to be calculated by weight but every time a item is added the starting shipping price doubles.

Comment

Make sure you did not add any extra shipping or handling costs, I did this the first time by mistake. There are so many different choices and options in auction inc. shopping carts that it can be confusing. DO not add any base shipping, handling or carrying costs then test it.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks, I checked that, but maybe I could of missed it. My head is hurting at this moment. For example, if i'm selling a product that is 4 oz and the shipping is $6 then the shipping should gradually increase with each added item, but for some reason if I add two 4 oz products to the shopping cart then it will jump to $12 and keep increasing furthermore. When I tested it on the actual auctioninc.com the calculator works fine. Maybe it's something i'm supposed to post on the code to Mal's.

Comment

I must admit I have never created shipping costs based on weight. I tend to use an 'order value' rule.
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                  I've used Mals and it can be a bit fiddly and time consuming. Here is something else you can look at http://www.ecwid.com/ and it will work wonderfully with Bluevoda which makes use of the html boxes and is very simple to use.
                  I still try to learn about ecwid but
                  may I know how to apply it to BV?
                  Thanks
                  PJR

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
                    I still try to learn about ecwid but
                    may I know how to apply it to BV?
                    Thanks
                    PJR
                    In a nut shell, Ecwid provide 3 bits of code which you simply paste into 3 html boxes onto your BV page. product Navigation/ Product display/ Basket. The only thing to be aware of is your page lengths because BV is WYSIWYG and not fluid say like Wordpress but you can get around this in ECWID.

You just use your Twitter/ Facebook/ or Google Account to sign up and the control panel for the backend stuff is just a breeze to use.

Its Free to join up instantly so I would go and have a play.
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Google Account like where we sign in for our email?

Comment

I actually use twitter, but I know someone who has used facebook and I have seen a google login as well
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

May I know login to where by using twitter, facebook or google and how?
                          mydomain.com/google?

I only have google account for email.

I watch the tutorial at
                          ecwid.com/video/ecwid-tutorial-video.html

it says: First we need to go content system for the site.
                          My question where to open the content system?
                          The video use wordpress to open in and use google to log in the account.

thank you.

Comment

Yes the video does use Wordpress and google as there illistration but what I am saying is the 3 bits of code they are using can be pasted into html boxes on BV and get the same effect.

The content system is available once you've successfully logged in.

To make it easy Ecwid have said if you already have a facebook. twitter or google account, sign up with that to save you having more login details to remember.

Have you tried to sign up/ login with your google details?

If you don't use facebook, twitter, and google doesn't work and so on, you can sign up the traditional way.

First step is to successfully login and have a look around.

If you want to see some working examples contact me here http://www.dcwebsolutions.co.uk/contact_us.php
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

To make it easy Ecwid have said if you already have a facebook. twitter or google account, sign up with that to save you having more login details to remember.
                              Sorry, I only have google account for email.
                              I already have signed up with Ecwid but not through google.

[/I] you tried to sign up/ login with your google details?
                              I really don't get what this mean about sign in with the google details. [/I]
                              Where to do it, from google? Can you please explain more?

If you don't use facebook, twitter, and google doesn't work and so on, you can sign up the traditional way.
                              What is the traditional way?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X