Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could you please review my website

hi there,

new to all this so I would appreciate an honest opinion.
    I'm curious how my site looks like from a neutral persons perspective. not that much regarding website building capabilities, because in my case content is what really counts, but more in lines of, could a person arriving first time comprehend what's it all about, or would have no clue.
    or maybe the better question would be - what was your impression after visiting my site?
    apart from loading it up with way more content, which I intend to do, what else is missing?
    thx.
    my URL www.selfcureanddetox.com

Re: could you please review my website

Hi,
    for me there's no doubt about what your site is all about :)
    The looks & layout are quite pleasing.....however, there are one or two grammar/spelling errors....some of which are as follows:

INDEX: firstly I would name this as "Home" (you still publish as index, but in page properties name it whatever) & then......The place where
    .............no choice but finally to tell the truth.................That truth is that it's our own............. We are the only ones responsible....and we are the only ones who...........taught to believe, the human body.........our life force, has................. For that energy to move through our body, it takes an alkaline environment................. Learning how to find that energy is to learn how to self cure..................and chemicals from system.................. In cases of heavier toxin load, a specific issue or organ is addressed such as liver detox,...................Once detox and self cure have taken place, a new level in one's health is reached.................one must accept a new healthy life style..................and how to choose a healthy life style

sorry, but I don't have the time right now to itemise all the other errors on the other pages....there are many, I'm afraid :( Literature, for example you have recommanded.
    Also, many of your pages are "Untitled" - see my suggestion re. Index.
    But.....nice site, well done & good luck.....I recomm
    end you check all text (or have someone do it for you) for spelling/grammar & then you should be fine....
    david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

pretty pistol,

As per your wish, I checked out your website. Design and alignment needs some work but as per the first impression. It did convey the actual purpose of the site but fail to keep up the expectation. I was looking for more info on detox like what is it? What is the purpose and how to cure. May be the content needs some organizing to do like placing in the right place. That would help.

It depends whether you want this to be an FAQ type site or an informative type one. Decide and make the change.

Vijai
      Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
      www.vijaianand.com
      www.igurus.net
      www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

hi there ahimsa,
        thx for your valuable time and your kind response. your findings are pretty much what I've expected. well, maybe a bit better then what I've expected since this is my first website ever. ( done once frontpage before ) regarding spelling errors, you're absolutely right, I should've known better, to double check everything before launching it. this comes to me as no surprise though, since that text I must've cut and copied, and pasted probably buzzillion times. on top of that, where I live, we talk franglais so this kind of error is quite common. from now on I'll take my time.
        thx again for your time.

hi there tmvijai,
        thx for your precious time and comment.
        like I said this is my very first project, so like you've noticed I didn't bother much with the design and alignment. probably because my web design capabilities are very limited.

on the other hand, the other thing that you brought up, about how your expectations fell short to find more information on detox, are concerning.
        would you mind telling me just little bit more so I can completely understand your angle.
        I would like to know is this the first time you came across this topic, or you maybe had some previous knowledge, or you possibly know about about it a lot, so this is why you think that I didn't deliver.
        for me this is very worrisome because my intention is to present things in a simple way anybody can understand, without pharma-medico mumbo jumbo.

so pls. could you give me some more detail so I can make things better.
        thx again

ps. it was kind a funny, how you started your mail, with - you ask for it kinda thing. LOL! right away I realized that you're giving me standing 8 count.

Comment

I was impressed with your site. It was not something I would have searched for, simply because it had not occurred to me.
          When your site opened, it was fast and without any lag and, more importantly, it was arranged in a manner that told me exactly what the purpose of the site was intended.
          All of the links worked (something that seems to be rare in a website) and all of the pages loaded at an astonishingly quick rate.
          I did not notice the errors in spelling and grammar,sorry, but I did read a great deal of the content simply because of the way it was presented.
          I don't think your customers will be disappointed with their visits.

Comment

Hey pretty pistol,

As you requested again, let me clarify my point of view.

I wasn't really sure about details of your website and don't have actual knowledge at all. Thats the reason I was waiting for surprises or infomration which I can easily grasp from your website. But I wasn't really surprised or absorbed any good amount of information because it wasn't organized well.

If you need to get the readers attention, you need to use certain tactics and you might have seen that in books. You have to bold it, underline it, align in proper paras and also ask like questions and answer it. Also put the special quotes in between quotation marks and so forth. I don't see not of it and its just all text. Thats why I wasn't realy gettting what I was expected.

Being said that, I am not saying I didn't get anything. I was able to get some info but it could have been better. Check out my www.firsttimecruising.com website which is reasonably good website but not really perfect. I used some of these ideas in certain pages. CHeck it out.

Hope it helps.

www.vijaianand.com
            www.igurus.net

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

hi there bronaugh.biz,
              I cannot describe you how pleased I am with your comment.
              thx a bunch for your precious time.

hey there Vijai,
              I got your point man. I'll try to make it better so it looks more captivating.
              saw your site and I liked it a lot. it's simple, clean and neat. and your alignment is "au poil de cul".
              thx again for your time.

Comment

Ok! Let me know anytime you need help.

What is "au poil de cul"? Is it french?

Vijai

www.vijaianand.com
                www.igurus.net

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

hey there Vijai,
                  yes, it's French.
                  poil de cul - ass hair

Comment

.......that's a compliment, BTW lol
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

hey there David, s'up?
                      I was gonna ask you last time around, what's that pic?
                      karakorum,great trango?

Comment

Mount Kailash - western Tibet..............very special place :)

Comment

Working...
                        X