Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product in multiple colors

hi there,
    I have this product which I would like to promote, and it comes in six different colors.
    what would be the best way to present that on a web page?
    as a lighthouse? as a gallery? somehow else?
    my only concern is, that I wouldn't wanna have a page overcrowded.
    I would probably need 5-6 bunches of pix like this + hyper links on the same page, so visibility, simplicity is an issue.
    any idea is highly appreciated.
    thx.

Re: product in multiple colors

Simple solution if you want to avoid using events:

Create a small Iframe in your page. Make it as big as your pictures.
    Upload the pictures (should be the same size) of the product with the same size.
    Add a Go menu or differently colored shapes, each linked to the specific image, with the target set to be the Iframe.

When they click on the red shape, the image of the red colored product will appear, and so on.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there naval,
      thx for the lightning response. I was thinking about using the go menu myself, but my problem with that is, as well as with Iframe, that I'm not able to rederect the link. I mean I cannot choose destination page, but rather use html code. any idea how to handle that?
      thx.

Comment

Not sure what you mean, pls clarify.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there naval,
          what I meant was, that I could only link to the product via html code which I have to copy and paste onto my web page. this gives me a text link. I don't have URL to link to. I mean I have but it doesn't have my aff. code in it, so linking to a page like that, won't buy me breakfast.
          on the go menu I'm required to type in a URL.
          I'm a beginner so please excusez- moi if I'm smothering you.
          thx.

Comment

Any link can be made so that it contains your affiliate code. But you didn't clarify this from the start so I din't take it into account.

Pls post the URL of your page so I can see what your links look like and advise you-
            Navaldesign

Comment

hi there naval,
              excuse my ignorance cuz web design is not really my strongest suit. should've told you this from the get go.
              my sites URL www.selfcureanddetox.com
              thx a bunch!

Comment

Ok, simple (though a bit longer): add the Iframe in your page.
                Create for each product as many pages as the options. For each page insert ONLY the image, and link it correctly using the (example) link : http://shoppingcart.removed_domain_systems.com/category-s/21.htm?Click=2898
                Make sure to set the image link to be "_blank" or "_parent".

Add below the product title the text :

Available in the following colors:
                (Click to see sample)

Add the colored shapes below this text, and link each shape to the appropriate color page, setting the target in the I-frame.
                Navaldesign

Comment

hi there naval,
                  soo sorry to bother you again. the kind of links that I cannot handle are just on one page, and I forgot to specify you that.
                  they are here www.selfcureanddetox.com/literature.html
                  this is CJ 's link, which is a long link that gets redirected once or twice.
                  unfortunately this is exact kind of link I have to use.
                  the one you've chosen as an example I know how to do because you have URL, so that is not a problem.

look the other one

url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecampus.com%2Fbk_detail.a sp%3Fisbn%3D9780071703376%26referrer%3DCJ&cjsku=97 80071703376N" target="_top">

do you know what I mean?
                  thx!

Comment

There is nothing different from the previous case. Use the same method, but use the links you just mentioned.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

hi there naval,
                      right away thak you sooo much. you solved my huge problem.
                      I chopped off <a href and target on both ends of CJ's link, pasted it in the URL box like you suggested, and everything worked out just fine. thank you for that once again.
                      someone once told me that you cannot temper with these links for some reason, so it looks I was not curious enough to self confirm the statement.

anyways, even better, while I was arranging third shape for color, to link it to the newly built page, I've noticed that, and this is new in advertisers catalog, now every page for every color has links for the other colors. Basically, linking to just one page is enough, because customers can make their choice now from there directly. now my life is easy. well of course after you reinvented the wheel for me.

GRAZIE MILLE

Comment

Working...
                      X