Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding slideshow script causes horizontal scrollbar to appear on the page

Hi Everbody!

I can't even begin to tell you how many little tricks I've learned in the past months, just buy taking time out to read through the forum posts!

However, now I ran into a problem that I can't solve by myself:

I've added a slideshow script within an HTML box on one page and now that page shows with a horizontal scrollbar, though I have sized the slidehshow frame to fit the page.

Am sure that all it takes to get rid of that, is to either enter a certain HTML code to the page's Page Properties, or to adjust something within the script.... can anyone ( maybe Navaldesign? :) ) tell me what to change exactly?
    I am quite sure that it has to do with the script, cause when I remove it, the page appears without the scrollbar, so obviously there are no hidden elements on the page itself to cause it...

Thank you so much for taking a look - I REALLY appreciate it!
    S.

Re: Adding slideshow script causes horizontal scrollbar to appear on the page

Im not sure it is the slideshow script that is coursing the sideways scroll have you tried publishing without it.
    check the page properties for page with and also the background image.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Alien Dude - and publishing this page without the script doesn't bring up the scrollbar;
      The page width in Page Properties is 995, just like it is on all my other pages. The same goes for the background image - I think need someone who knows about scripts to dig into it!

Comment

I figured it out!

All I had to do, was to replace this line in the script:

document.write('<span id="temp" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:-100px;left:-9000px">'+leftrightslide+'</span>')

with that one:

document.write('<div style="overflow:hidden;width:100px;visibility:hidd en;position:absolute;top:-100px;left:-9000px;"><span id="temp" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:-100px;left:-9000px">'+leftrightslide+'</span></div>')

Comment

Working...
        X