mySQL for Client-specific page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mySQL for Client-specific page?

Hi. I have a personal fitness training site and would like to give each of my clients unique login details so that they can do 2 things:

1. view their progress stats
    2. submit a food diary on a daily basis via a form

Am I correct in thinking that I can set up a mySQL database containing each clients details (username, password, then their specific weight, bodyfat measurements etc), and when they login they can view only their stats, and indeed any charts I create (in excel and import?) to graphically show progress?
    Their unique user page would then also have a link to a food diary form which they can complete and submit, and then I would receive this by email, in the same way I already receive contact info on my site via a form when people want to get in touch?

Are the above assumptions correct,and if so, are there any major pitfalls I should look out for?

Thanks!

Re: mySQL for Client-specific page?

You do need a database for this, but you also need a specific script in PHP to do the necessary tasks. BV is a HTML generator, it doesn't have scriptiong tools.
    You can't import graphs from excel.

If you don't have PHP / MySQL coding experience, you might need to outsource this job.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X