Please be brutal and review my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be brutal and review my site

So I think I have finally finished my site, I really need you to be brutal, where does it need to be changed? I really need it to look professional.
    Thank you in advance!
    my site is http://snugasabugbabyslings.com
    Brenda

Re: Please be brutal and review my site

To be brutal, your off to a real good start. Lay out & style looks good. Only on a personal note! The baby on the front page could do with a smile.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Brenda,
      ditto to Chris' comments........also it looks like the baby has been "stretched" a little on the About Us page lol??........and:

About Us: innovative products for families around.................your babies health either babies plural with ' at end ie babies' or sing. baby with baby's
      Accessories - Diaper Clutch & Snuggly Wrap pages are very long with a lot of space & at the bottom there is a long "shape" for some reason.
      & finally........on
      Snuggly Wrap I click on "Learn more.....the perfect fit" & get a page with a completely different menu???

Otherwise - great job
      good luck, david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi Brenda,

I agree with Chris.

A couple of things I see is that you would need to put a privacy statement and a terms of use statement on your site. These will satisfy several legal things that need to be there.

Your site does look pretty good. I do like the colors and the way you have arranged everything on the pages.

Ted
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi Brenda,

You have artistic talent and internet savvy too.
          Baby is cute.

Congratulations on a website well done.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, Great Job! colours and layout are good... I do think that you should have a picture of the baby sling on the front though as I didn't know what you were selling until I looked at the products. I would have bought the bunny, he is very cute.

Rebecca
            www.cellphonespy-software.com

Comment

Yes, great job. Since you ask to be brutal however...
              I don't particularly like the background color of your site. In my opinion it is beyond neutral, more somber than bright and babies are all about new and bright, right! . It looks like your page is set to 800 pixls wide. This width was widely recommened when computer screens were smaller. I have updated mut sites from 800 to 1000 wide with no complaints.
              I would like to see more info about your products. There is an old sayimg in advertising "Sell the Sizzle, Not the Sausage"... a bit more sizzle to spark interest wouldn't hurt.
              Overall... great job
              The Female Zone

Comment

Hi Brenda,
                I agree with most of above.
                Not sure about increasing the page width to 1000 though, because people using the side bar for History, Favourites, etc will have to scroll across.

You need to centre http://www.snugasabugbabyslings.com/ringorder.html

To get rid of the long shape that is making the Accessories, Snuggly Wrap pages very long (David's comment). Sometimes it can be hard to see shapes like this in the Blue Voda builder. I suggest you open those pages, 'Select all' and scroll to the bottom, - delete the shape and shorten the pages.

While the layout and design is good, some of the different colour text is hard to read. Particularly the green colour for 'ounces' on the Pouch Sling page, but I'm not mad on the blue either. In general, avoid italic text as it's hard to read on screen.

I love your logo.
                Good luck,
                Marie

Comment

Ok one word consistency, having several different design layouts not a good idea, also those that are the same jump is; different positions of repeatable objects like logo, menu, etc these should be static on every page, i would rethink the scrolling text in the header as this only says (Simply a Heartbeat away... ) seems a waste, maybe having the four words static and more pronounced would give more impact.

Though you have done very well just needs a bit of Nip & Tuc here and there.
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Some thoughts - (all meant as constructive criticism) to get it a bit more professional looking.

You seem to have lots of creativity and good ideas but you seem to have used them ALL in this site and it's ended up a bit of a clash of styles.

No matter whether a site is offering great products or great services, if the grammar & spelling etc. aren't up to scratch, (pedantic?) people will start criticising immediately and not go much further into the site.

The Front Page
                    The little white arrow on the New Products button is not spaced as neatly as the other buttons and is over shadowing the 's' on the end of New Products.

Us in the 'About Us' button should start with a capital letter.

The use of bold, italics and colours to some words doesn't seem to have any consistency in the way they are used. In other words, every time you name a product - use the same colour, font and style. Visitors to the site will quickly realise that if a word is in blue italics it's a product, if it's in bold and bigger font it's something special and so on.

e.g. Snug as a Bug Baby Slings and wraps ... for moms on the go.
                    'Baby slings' and 'wraps' should both start (or not) with capitals and be in the same font style and colour.

Weighs only ounces easy to carry should be 'Weighs only ounces AND is easy to carry' or Weighs only ounces SO is easy to carry'

Perfectly designed baby carrier with no Buckles or straps of any kind
                    Buckles shouldn't have a capital letter.

Finish your sentences with full stops.

Snug as a Bug Career opportunities click here
                    here isn't a clickable link to anywhere.

Super Sale Monday should be all in the same font, style and colour (IMHO)

I find marquees distracting usually unless it plays an important part of the site - in your case it doesn't, so I would suggest ditching it.

I like the 'beigey' colouring of the site - it's a comfortable colour and not 'in your face'.

Overall, I think you're going to have a BRILLIANT site once the little things have been tweaked - the big things are already done!

Great job!

Comment

Looks quite nice...

The following line, near the bottom of your Home page:
                      Snug as a Bug Career opportunities click here
                      is missing a link.

-----------------------------------
                      A personal opinion, but marquees are just about as bad as websites that play music and have no way to turn it off.

If you were able to turn the marquee off after two or three cycles, that would be good, in my humble opinion. I suspect that a significant portion of your market might be Seniors (not as users, but as buyers)... and we try to avoid things that cause us discomfort... (have you guessed yet, that I am a Senior... :o) )

Actually your site has a really nice color scheme and has the "motherly" look about it and friendly.

Aspect ratio looks a little skewed on some of the pictues... picky picky, I know, but it gives a feeling that something is not quite right.

Nice job! and Good Luck!

Buck
                      The Buck Stop

Comment

Hello,

Immediately when I opened the site I thought it was lovely! Very pretty colours, very calm.....perfect!

I love the baby picture! Under it though it says "Baby Wearing an affordable yet elegant way to keep you close to your baby"
                        That doesn't reflect what the picture shows though and the wording doesn't make sense to me. I think it would be a shame to loose the lovely picture but maybe there should be a picture of a baby in a sling there as that's what you're selling. Even if it's a really cute close up of a baby's face cuddled up in one.

On the home page. If you click on Nap Pad...you get the super sale Monday page.

I wasn't sure what some of the items in the menu were...that's why I clicked on Nap Pad as I still have no idea what that is. Maybe though you use that term in America and not in the UK (where I am from!).

The Super Sale Monday page really should carry the same look as the other pages. It is completely different and doesn't have a menu to get back.

Other than that I loved it - a lot! I think it looks absolutely professional and brilliant xxx
                        Sally
                        www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
                        info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X