Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to publish additional pages

Hi there,

I opened a new sub-domain bjvino.com, I published my index page it's fine and working but I can't publish additional pages, maybe I'm doing something wrong??

I published my index page public_html/bjvino.com and it's ok, how do I publish my additional pages?? ie my other page name is form, I tried public_html/bjvino.com/form.html and it's not working, I tried many combinations and I always get the error sign.....

Can anyone help me??
    Thanks and Happy Easter to all
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

Re: How to publish additional pages

You would normally set the sub-domain up as just bjvino then publish the page called form, to public_html/bjvino/
    The link to this page would then be www.bjvino.yourwebsite.com/form.html
    Note: If it is an actual BV form it will be .php

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, it worked.
      It is an actual BV form and it published it as .php
      this means any additional pages that I will create, I will publish them as public_html/bjvino/ and it will authomatically publish it under the saved name, no need to put the name of the page etc...

BTW, I tried to put a captcha but it didn't work, the image didn't show on the website, but it's ok, this is only temporary, I'll tryto learn that one later.
      Thanks for the help
      Gullekian

www.geemax.net
      www.dikranandkelly.com
      www.bjvino.com

Comment

this means any additional pages that I will create, I will publish them as public_html/bjvino/ and it will authomatically publish it under the saved name, no need to put the name of the page etc...
        Correct!
        For the captcha part, we would need the page url.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,
          For the captcha, it's ok, I will not put it this time in the form, this an event I will be doing it in 2 weeks, later I will take it of, so if I get a few spams it doesn't matter, I'll try to learn it later.

But what I need to ask you, I pulished some wrong pages in my sub-domain and I need to take them out, but I don't want to go to ftp manager and start palying around, I'm afraid I might do something wrong, so I'm thinking if I remove my sub-domain from the ftp account would all the pages that I published be removed also?? like this I can add the sub-domain back again, and re-publish all pages from scratch, would that work??
          Thanks
          Gullekian

www.geemax.net
          www.dikranandkelly.com
          www.bjvino.com

Comment

Please clarify if this is a SUBdomain or an ADD ON domain.

From your post and the site I see live on the net, I believe this is an add on domain, in which case, you should be publishing in public_html/bjvino.com

In fact I see your add on domain in http://www.geemax.net/bjvino.com/
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign,

It's an ADD on domain....... I don't even know what is the difference :)
              it's ok, I am able to publish it.

Now I'm trying to find a way to take out some pages that I published wrongly hehe
              Gullekian

www.geemax.net
              www.dikranandkelly.com
              www.bjvino.com

Comment

Best to delete them via your c panel as you get a second chance if you make a mistake & are able to get them back. With FTP in BV, you don't get a 2nd chance!.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X