contact form working but sending 2 emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact form working but sending 2 emails

I couldnt find any info on this problem, but my contact form is sending 2 identical emails from the website to my inbox.

I did create 2 forms on this page while I was tinkering with it but I deleted one before I published the page. I also tried deleting the .php page and captcha from my ftp folder and republished, but it didnt fix the problem.

the form works great, I just dont need it to send me two identical emails from one entry.

help to fix please

Dan B. Client Id# 29501

the website is under construction still but here it is.
    www.teeshirttrash.com

Re: contact form working but sending 2 emails

MAybe you had, in the past, used the old php scipt either embedded in the page itself, or in the "thankyou" page ?

Look at he page code (of both pages) and eventually remove the manually added code.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the reply so quickly. Unfortunately I have no idea how to edit HTML code. Is there another way to fix it or should I delete the file from my directory and build an entire new page from scratch?

Comment

Open your Form page in BV.
        View -> Page HTML.

When the page HTML window opens, click, one at a time, the tabs Start of Page, Between Head, Inside Body etc.

If any of them contains code, it will appear in the lower part of the properties window. Simply delete it, save and republish, then test.

If not, post back.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Okay, I checked on all of the tabs of the HTML view of the contact page and the thankyou page and there was no code. Please advise on what to do next.

Dan

Comment

Maybe you have simply entered your email address twice in the form processor properties ?

Or you have set an email forwarder in your CPanel, which forwards to the same email address ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hey Naval.

fixed it! you were right there was nothing wrong with the page. I had 2 rules for moving incoming mail in Outlook and didnt realize it. your suggestion got me looking in the right direction so thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
              X