Bookmarks opening at top of page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarks opening at top of page

Just started putting my site together http://www.lsrinmin.co.uk I have a page of images accessed from the MAIN LIST, I have placed several bookmarks down the left side of the image page but when you select an image to go to from the MAIN LIST you always go to the top of the page and not where I placed the bookmark (using firefox, IE opens further down page) I have only tried linking as far as Stanley Steamer in the main list.

Re: Bookmarks opening at top of page

FF doesn't support anchors (bookmarks) that start with numbers (as you have used).

Change the bookmark name to start with a character, and change also your bookmark links accordingly.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Have removed numbers, so bookmarks read #steamer and links html.#steamer etc but still opening at top. just been to IE and seems ok, just FF that has problem
      Last edited by tbolt; 04-08-2010, 01:26 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Please remove the # from the bookmarks name. In example, the "mors" bookmark should be simply named "mors", not "#mors" . Then make your bookmark links like this:

replacing yourdomain with the site name.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

already tried that, get 404 not found message.

Comment

think i've got it, remove # from bookmark, but not from link in main list. Thank you, don't know where in the world you are, but I have just returned from an evening of drinking some very fine real ale and need to sleep now, but it will be trouble free knowing I have got this sorted.
            Last edited by tbolt; 04-08-2010, 11:07 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Working...
            X