Play Flash movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Flash movies

My site is www.the-slingshot.com hosted by BV.

I was previously advised to use swf format for longer movies rather than wmv. I have converted several videos to this format and cannot get them to display on the screen after posting. The movie players don't seem to support this format. U Tube works fine but the ten minute limit is a problem for me.

Re: Play Flash movies

unfortunately you have been ill-advised, the swf format is ok flash animations such as banners, splash add, menus etc but for actual movies then you need to go with the flash format FLV but you will need to get a player to play it though as none of the media buttons in Bluevoda play the format.
    you can google free flv player which usually comes with some sort of add, or you can buy flv player that can be edited to play your movie and added to your bv page using a code entered into a html box.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you. My original question contemplated using a wmv format and the responder did not like that type of file. Do you have a suggestion for moves of up to an hour in length or is the flv format the best to show extended movies. My software will convert to flv format.

Comment

FLV is the best format to use, i have used many times and even used for a full length movie with 714mb. but remember a lot depends on the viewers download speed or internet access.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you again. Understand the download speed problem. I assume that FLV player is embedded in my web site. Are there any other caveats?.

Comment

This should be helpful for you. Click here

Cheers
            http://www.atexflooring.ca
            http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

matrixxxxxx1
              sigpic

Comment

Working...