best video format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best video format?

I have had problems getting an SWF to work on my site (choosen cause I was told it was the best file type for websites) I have finally got a WMV file working but it seems pretty hefty file size. Anyone have any tips on reducing file size or working with videos. I dont want to use any HTML, my skills are limited to drag and drop at the moment.....and then im pushing myself ;)

Also, the WMV video I have added always auto starts when I preview it, even though I have un-checked the auto start box. How do I stop this

Re: best video format?

hi tony
    i use a program called flash slideshow maker professional if you want a
    look at my site then go to www.sodaowls.com and go to home games and look at any of these hope this helps
    graham

Comment

I found uploading my video to Youtube and useing the Youtube button in BV is the best way to stream video.... it doesnt load down the page so much, why IDK but it seemed the best way

Sadian
      websites i've built and designed

http://www.lbimprovements.com/
      http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
      http://www.cbpbarn.com/

Comment

swf is the best to load, if you have it saved as a swf file then just use the flash tool on the left. if you don't have it saved as an swf file, there are many online free tools to convert to a swf file. you can set up your file anyway you wish, with off/on buttons, replay etc.... best to set up the size when converting, instead of making it a different size once loaded to page. if you stil are having trouble you can contact me through my website and would be glad to help you out. you can see that i have both wmv and swf files throughout my website. i find wmv plays a little better than swf, but i have found a program that converts very well. let me know if i can help you out.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks guys, but ive had a similar conversation on another thread. When I use flash, I cant get to view the whole screen which I recored, it was suggested that I use some HTML, to get around it but even with the code I was given it didnt work:(

Comment

Open BB then open the file you made, hopefully you saved the movie as a .fbr which is the programs base save file.
            when you go and export the file. on the screen that pops up click the flash radio button and press next, the next screen give you some options menu on left, what you can do on right.
            under the general tab you can choose the size of you finished movie. under scaling.
            check each tab in turn as you can add change player controls and and your html page that the program will generate after being exported.
            this page is important as it holds the coda for putting the movie on your bv built page.

Hopefully this options are there in the free version of the program.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X