Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I send SPAM? What is your policy on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I send SPAM? What is your policy on this?

Spamming, or the sending of unsollicited email from our servers or using an
    email address that is related to our company or hosted on any of our
    servers is STRICTLY prohibited. We consider the sending of spam one of
    the highest ranked grounds for the immediate termination of the violator of
    this rule.

If you are about to send out a mass mailing. Ask yourself these questions...

1) Did these people specifically ask to receive email from me?

If No, its spam.

2) Did I purchase a opt-in mailing list?

If yes, its spam. spammers selling opt-In mailing lists is one of the oldest
    tricks in the book. Do Not purchase a opt-in mailing list. The people on the
    list have no idea who you are and do not care.
    ---------------------------------

Did you know....

Lets say ( For example ) you own xyz.com and you are sending out spam
    instructing people to visit xyz.com.

AOL can block its users from accessing your website. God help you if you
    get on the notoriaous AOL black list. Your website would be blocked by
    over 80% of all internet users..AOL shares its black list with other ISP's

To sum it all up

Do Not Spam....If you have any questions on this topic. Please fell free
    to ask them here in this thread.

And Yes AOL, Yahoo, Dell, Microsoft, IBM, etc... are allowed to send you
    all the spam they want. ( They control the show )

Last edited by VodaHost; 09-05-2005, 09:57 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Spam Policy

I have no intention of sending spam.

But with a zero tolerance policy, what would VodaHost do if a customer or two (or more) accidentally flagged messages from my business as spam? Is there any way to know if it was accidental flagging or intentional? Is there any way to know if it was actually a customer who flagged? Maybe the flagging was intentional but they ordered or requested the newsletter so long ago that they forgot they had done so...and maybe didn't recognize the e-mail...so they flagged the message even though it wasn't spam.

I ask only because on at least one occasion, I was rushing through to clean up an e-mail box and accidentally flagged as spam an e-mail I wanted (one I requested). I also once had someone who had contacted me for information about my service flag me as spam when I sent a follow-up message a few weeks later (this person claimed via e-mail they never contacted me, but I had proof that they had)... In addition to the e-mail, I received a voicemail from this person and in that message, I was being told that I spammed and that in order to prevent being counted as a spammer I should buy "X" service. This began to look to me like the spammer flagged me as spam...trying to cover up that they spammed me.

Even though I expect the everyday odds of things like this happening to a business to be slim, I also expect the oddball chances of them happening to be quite high. :)

What would VodaHost do to my site if I were to be flagged for spam? Would the assumption be that I'm guilty until proven innocent? Or innocent until proven guilty? Would I have a chance to figure out what happened and to correct any wrongs, if it was my fault? Or if it wasn't my fault, would I be allowed to keep my site up? If it wasn't or even if it was my error, what would happen to my site data? Would I be allowed to transfer my site's contents elsewhere? Is there a way I could pull every bit of code off of my site and place it on a new host or into a new design program?

Perfumer

Comment

Re: Can I send SPAM? What is your policy on this?

Flagging an email as spam isn't going to report it to vodahost. Basically all that does is tell whatever server that you user for you email that you don't want email from that address to go into your mailbox.

Unless I'm mistaken people would have to track down the server that the email was coming from, in this case, if you sent spam they would track it back down to vodahost's server, tell them about the occurrence, and they would deal with it from there. But if someone moves an email you sent to their spam box it doesn't effect you.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Spam Policy

What a relief that is! :)

Comment

Working...
        X