Page displaying inproperly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page displaying inproperly..

How to I get the screen to have boundaries? Basically, I want the background color and gradient color to center on the page with my pictures, logos, and text, etc. I want there to be side walls on the page that are black. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Ben
    Last edited by jetguy35; 04-12-2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Page displaying inproperly..

Also, for instance, if you go to this site, http://www.visceraldance.com/
    this is how I want my layout. I want there to be colored side walls like how they have it and everything else centered on my screen. Hope this explains better.

Ben

Comment

After Messing around further, I decided to make some shapes and then align them on the sides of the page as borders. I then preview the site and the borders move with the images to the center. If I set the page as do not center, everything moves left. Is there a way for me to basically lock the borders on the sides and center everything else to give me the nice side borders?

Comment

The first thing to realise is BV is a WYSIWYG builder and although it is very good, it does have limitations.

Your example however is easy to recreate.

1) The main background you can do this in page properties, create a gradient if you wish. Also in page properties check the centre in the browser box and decide your page width, I'll suggest no wider than 1024px

2) The black background, I would simply insert a shape and make it black. and again not make it anywider than 1024 px. This can then be the boundaries of your page

3) The page content I would just layer on the black shape.

Just a tip. Always work from the left in BV and do not be tempted to try and centre it in the builder, this also includes the black background shape.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You know, you would think that I would have thought of that... Layers, with a black background! Duh. It's amazing how you can overlook what is a simple fix when you are frazzled.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. I know this will fix my problem!

Ben

Comment

...lol...all the best!
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have a long list I want to put onto the page. I copy and paste but I can't go down to the bottow of the list. I have to use the "handle" on the left side and it doesn't go down all the way. How do I scroll down to the bottom of the list?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee2 View Post
                I have a long list I want to put onto the page. I copy and paste but I can't go down to the bottow of the list. I have to use the "handle" on the left side and it doesn't go down all the way. How do I scroll down to the bottom of the list?
                Make the page longer. You do this in page properties.
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                X