Site is just a list of .bvp files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site is just a list of .bvp files

I've published my website through the Blue Voda sitebuilder, to public_html and the correct IP address. The window that appears after the page has uploaded says "successfully published", but when I attempt to go to the website all that comes up is a list of .bvp files. Aren't these files supposed to extract and/or change to .html files when they upload? The "extract" button on my c-panel does not seem to work, and I am not able to save pages as .html in the sitebuilder. What am I missing?

Re: Site is just a list of .bvp files

well i would think hitting the publish button with in the bluevoda website builder for starters.
    sounds like your trying to upload the files and not publish. Bluevoda only works on vodahost hosting accounts pressing the publish button with in the program lets you find your vodahost ip and enter your vodahost assigned username and password.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for your reply. You'll note in my post that I got a window that said "successfully published"; that window comes up after I have hit the "publish" icon and the file has uploaded. As far as I can tell from watching all the tutorials, I have done everything right, but still no website. I must be missing something, but I don't know what it is.

Comment

I am publishing to Vodahost. Further exploration shows that when published, my files load to the web root folder, but the site seems to point to the document root folder. Is this normal? The "pointing" was done by the Vodahost support desk, so I assume it's correct.

Comment

What is the url of your site so we can see what you are seeing?
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Confusion started by you stating that
            when I attempt to go to the website all that comes up is a list of .bvp files
            this is often the case and we have seen it so so many times by people trying to use Bluevoda on other hosting accounts. this is why i said you need a Vodahost hosting account. as it is impossible to publish a .bvp file without it being transformed into a .html file the only way a .bvp file could appear on the server is if it had been ftp'd up or uploaded using C-Panel.
            That being said we can now move on, if when going to your site in your web browser you get a list of files and possibly a folder named images then you have ether not published a index page or have but spelt it Index in ether case the first page published should be named index no caps,
            But as Darren said without a URL to your site we are only guessing.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X