editing ID of a ComboBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing ID of a ComboBox

I know this sounds dumb, but for some reason when I add a ComboBox to a page, I can add info all day long but when the page is tested the ID is always ComboBox1, ComboBox2, etc. When I view the HTML I see where it's coming from, but I have no way of correcting this.

I have even gone as far as copying the HTML and gone to Insert-- Advanced-- HTML and then pasted the code in, then changing it there. Still doesn't work right.

any suggestions?

Re: editing ID of a ComboBox

BV assigns by default the objects IDs. Why would you want to change them ? Anyway, you can't. You can, however, change the Object Names to whatever you wish.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I was afraid of that, eventhough BV Customer Support says I can, but was unable to tell me how to do it.

The reason is that the PayPal feature "Add To Cart" allows for use with ComboBoxes (i.e. size, color, etc). However, when you use the comboboxes for those options and then run a test, when you go to the shopping cart instead of displaying "Size: Large" and "Color: Blue" you get "combobox1: Large" and combobox2: Blue".

This isn't something we would want our customers to see. My opinion is that if BlueVoda offers this feature they should code it correctly so that one can change the ID.

Thanks for the input NavelDesign, and any work around you come up with would be great.

Comment

No, you are not doing it correctly.

The options work like this:

Insert the combobox in your page, nearby the button.
        Name it as you like, in example "Size". So it will have the name "Size" and the ID Combobox1. Add the options.

Then double click the PayPal button, go in Options, and select as option field the Combobox1.

At this point the generated paypal button will have the correct name of "Size", the element id is not passed to PayPal.

EDIT: you are right. This is how it SHOULD work but it doesn't. Probably a bug in BV 11.4, I will report it.

Only solution I see at the moment is creting your buttons in PayPal's site
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X