Help with deleting files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with deleting files

I am switching from Vista to Windows 7 on a new computer. First, I wanted to transfer my work to this new computer. I have read what posts there are and I have even submitted a support ticket but the files from old computer don't work in this one. All the pages are blank. I don't have any pictures on this computer yet(my hard drive). So...since I only have a couple of pages done on my website, I just want to delete EVERYTHING in Blue Voda that I used for my website. (pages, pictures, etc) and start over. I did ask support for a reset and they explained what they were going to do. "Wipe out my whole account and start new" I don't want to do that because I don't want my Wordpress deleted. Can someone help by telling me what is safe to delete? Do I delete an entire folder or do I open a particular folder and delete what is in the folder? When I'm working in Blue Voda I don't want to see any previous files or pages. I don't want to delete any Blue Voda builder components either, which I will probably do if I try to do this on my own. I also need to know WHERE do I delete these files/folders. Cpanel? Blue Voda? My hard drive? I hope someone can help so I can get started again.
    id#36888

Re: Help with deleting files

If you want to clean your website from all the pages you had already published, simply connect with FTP (or through Cpanel, File Manager) and delete ALL files / folders exept the wordpress folder.

Yes, you can delete entire folders by selecting it and pressing "Delete"

If, instead, you want to delete the BV files on your local computer, simply browse into the Bluevoda folder (the one where pages are saved) and delete your pages.

Images can also be deleted from the "images" folder, if you like.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Help with deleting files

Thanks Naval. I deleted from cpanel and from my computer. It seems to have worked. It was pretty simple. I thought it was going to be more complicated than that.

Comment

Working...
      X