Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate text on image

Hi all,
    why the alternate text do not show up on images but only on shapes?
    I have published alt text in all my pictures but you can not see it when you with the mouse over it.
    This is my index page
    Set by the Indian Ocean, Mediterraneo provides affordable accommodation, conference facilities and the best restaurant in Dar es Salaam.

Alas

Re: Alternate text on image

Looking at your index page in IE I can see your alt text on the pictures when I hover, however I can not when viewing the same page in FireFox. Isn't alt text though only for people who have their images switched off and for the SE's to read in any case?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hello DarrenC,
      with google crome too the alt text doesn't show up.
      I though the alt text is very important for SE's, especially if someone use images to search in the web.
      It is strange that with firefox & google chrome this is happening.
      Maybe somebody can help.

Comment

Although you can't see it when you hover, The alt text is still there. Just right click the image and go to properties.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

Hi alas

You use ALT for someone who has turned off images. In that case, you would see the ALT text instead of the image.

When you hover and want to see text perhaps explaining the hyperlink,
            you use title="".

I hope this answers your question.
            Doable Personal Finance

Comment

IE8 and FF 3.?? will not display all alt texts. If you turn IE8 to compatibility mode, alt text will appear. I haven't found any workaround for FF.

Seems like modern browsers will not display alt text if the image is ok.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X