PDA

View Full Version : Logo not showing when published

sesh
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Hello.
I have redone my website with a new logo. The original had a banner saying "Jan & Jon's naturist algarve" so I have changed this banner to a logo.
When I publish the site there is no logo showing? All I get is a blank gap where the logo should be.
Can anyone help me to tell me what I amd doing wrong.
I have saved all the pages before publishing and they look fine in BV editor and look fine in preview mode but they have no logo on the page when i have published them.
I have had to re-publish my site completely with the old banner on it.
The site is www.naturistalgarve.com (http://www.naturistalgarve.com)

I have uploaded the weather page with a logo on it, and you can see what I mean by blank? The weather page is under "about Portugal" then "Faro Weather" from the drop down menu
I am using BV 11.4
I have posted this question before and was told my site is ok but it was viewed with the banner on the pages and NOT the logo.
Thanks
Sesh

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
In the publishing box have you got it set to publish all files?

sesh
04-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I always publish all files as im not sure which to use so I act safe

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok just a quick test then

Place the logo on a blank page, give the page a name 'test' and publish it.

sesh
04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok Darren. I have just published the page. How can you find it as there is no link on the menu to it. Do you want a link on the menu?

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
No if all was working well the link should be http://www.naturistalgarve.com/test.html

Did you publish the page as 'test'?

sesh
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes Darren I have republishe it again for you, I have check the page properties and it is published as a html. I tried the link and get "500 internal server error"

I have republished the page again, using the link you provided it comes up with a "blank page called test"

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes so am I

What folder are you publishing to

public_html/ or something else?

sesh
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes it is in public_html the page come up now, it is blank and and the page is there called test

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes I can see it now.

The page isn't blank althogh I was expecting a logo though instead of a banner (which is the same as the other pages)???

EDIT ; sorry it looks the same but I can see that it is slightly different

sesh
04-20-2010, 05:12 PM
DarrenC
I have republishe the page for you again, the logo is at the top of the page and the banner is below it, I have just tried using the page default and it works.
Think I may have found a bug in BV
I have all my pages set to open in centre of browser, hence no logo?
If I set the page to "do not centre" the logo appears.
Is this a bug?

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure if its a bug...sorry you'll have to ask someone else if its known.

Any how this is what I am seeing (http://www.dcwebsolutions.co.uk/sesh.jpg) on your test page. Is it correct?

sesh
04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes Darren that is how the test page is displayed. Thank you for all your help, we have sorted it out between us:).
Shall I just post the question within the BV bugs and fixes to see if anyone else has come accross the same problem.
Thank You once again Darren for your help.

DarrenC
04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
You are welcome and yes post to BV bugs & fixes