Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMC Charge Point, new site

Hello all,

I have just finished what I think are the final details on my new site.
    I would love some feedback as im not really a web designer.

http://www.heritage-mobile-communications.com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

HMC.
    Where you need us, when you need us.

Re: HMC Charge Point, new site

First of all a great product for people like my wife and daughter who never seem to have the ability to remember to charge their phones.lol :)

The website is good, simple and straight to point.

These are my observations

1) Header and horizontal line (footer) need bringing in. Try to make your page width no wider than 1024 to accomodate most monitors. I am getting sideways scroll and its not necessary.

2) The rotating image is of poor quality. If you design something at 100% especially when text is involved, its no good resizing it to say 90% because the text doesn't look good. The same can be said if you stretch it of course.

3) Search these boards to learn more about Page Titles. On each page on yours says 'HMC Charge Point'. Nothing wrong with that but a few relevent key words wouldn't go a miss with the search engines.

4) Your locations mean nothing to me. I have run out for juice for my phone, you say you have these stations in pubs and clubs but you don't tell me where they are.

5) You seem to have additional links within the pages which is OK, however I like to visit sites where I can access all your pages from a well though out navigation menu or indeed some kind of site map in your footer.

I hope this helps.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ohh Ok

I've just realised you have to click on the photos to find out the locations of these stations (not obvious I'm afraid) and then you are taken to their website and then you've got to hunt for the address.

I guess what I am saying is that you should make it easy for people like me to find these machines because at the end of the day it will be us feeding them with cash.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thats great, thanks for the feedback.

Im going to re do the flash on the home page as im not happy with the quality anyway.

Would putting the address of the bar under the photo link be useful?
        As this is only a local busi most people know where these bars are but I guess for non locals this would help.

As for the page width I will have a play and get that sorted soon.

Im going to go and read up on keywords and the sitemap too, thanks for the advice and im glad you like the machines! :)

Comment

Hi,
          ditto to Darren's comments....... +

Index: put a £1 coin into the coin slot..............surf the web while it's............more makes and models. For a full list......For just £1 HMC Charge............We don't think it will be long

Host a machine:
          It's a public mobile.........choice for customers. Not only.............. for your customers, they wil.............and Facebook page. The "Email us now" button on this page just takes me to my Email start page??

Terms & Conditions:
          2b Rate Card

Our current Rate Card can be downloaded - how?.............
          4.2 The Publisher has the right at its discretion to decline to publish, or to omit, suspend, alter, edit, crop, resize and reformat or change the position of any Advertisement otherwise accepted for insertion. However the Publisher

Advertise: same problem with the Email button: I just get taken back to my Email start page....I don't know your address lol

Otherwise - really nice & great idea....good luck,
          david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by HMC Ltd View Post
            Would putting the address of the bar under the photo link be useful?
            Yes definately..Perhaps a link to google maps could be cool :)
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for the grammar corrections, ive re read it so many times ive gone word blind haha. Ill change the "download here" bit as I was originally going to have it in PDF form.

Where is the email button on the Advertise section? I cant see one?
              Do you mean the link to watch exsiting ads?

Comment

OK then, I have re-done the index page flash player and replaced it with quicktime which works well.

The grammar errors have been amended and addresses added to the host location page (couldnt make it link to Google map and keep the location on the map, not to fussed about that though)

I did want to add a PDF pop out so advertisers can print off a price comparison sheet but cant get it to work, any tips on how to do this? thanks.

Comment

Hi, the sites a good idea. Couple of things that need some attention. Most of your pages are around 1450px wide & would be better at 1000 wide to save the excessive side scroll. (Many visitors wont have wide screens)

Would be worth using a form instead of a mailto: to help stop future spam.

Try not to use the blue handles on your images to reduce the size as it distorts the image & wont reduce the kb's to help with fast page loading. IE: the ones on the location page.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Good tip for the images, what do I need to do? Just resize them im Pic manager and save them?

I have tried reducing the page width as it was mentioned before but when I preview the page it still has scroll bars at the bottom (I even went down to 800), would this be different if I published them?

Really appreiciate all your feedback though :)

Comment

Ok I was gonna write you instructions as to how to do it.

Here is what it should look like

I have created a banner for you here 1000px wide here

and to fill in the gaps left and right of the banner here Blink and you'll miss it. Its a long thin sliver on the left just over 2000px long. Go to page properties and insert this as a background image. It will repeat itself across the page.

So don't forget to build your site from the left, in page properties make site 1000px wide and centre in the browser.

Have fun!!

Incidentally I am going to be Swindon on Friday. I might track you down for a cup of coffee....lol
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

If you go to the main menu & select, Lay out>Guide settings & make sure the show guide border is ticked, this will give you an coloured outline on the BV page to work within. Now make sure all elements you place on the BV page are within this line. Just before publishing, check that the width you set is ok & then publish. (IE:1000)

Ah! Darren got here 1st, & his new header image is a 1/3 less in kb's.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Wow, my new favourite stranger. . . Darren! lol.

Thanks so much for that, will save tons of frustration.
                          Im back to my semi regular job Friday daytime, bills have still got to be paid :( I might be in the town centre in the eve though as im doing some charity thing, if you will be about let me know and ill pm you where im going to be if you fancy saying hello.

Thanks to Chris too, im just going through and making the changes.
                          Scratch that, ill finish them later, just remembered a meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X