Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How secure is data sent via a Form Wizard form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How secure is data sent via a Form Wizard form?

Not that I've had any problem with my BV forms, but: How secure is data sent through a form created from BV's Form Wizard? Does this kind of form use SSL or anything like that to protect the data from being stolen?

I was going to ask if it's any less secure than data sent from a form created in ABVFP, but then I saw that Form Wizard is a "subset" of ABVFP--did I remember that right? Thanks.

Re: How secure is data sent via a Form Wizard form?

Emails are not sent through SSL so they are not secure. There are methods to encrypt them (using a Public key) and decrypt them (using a Private key) but they require specific form processors.

A solution commonly used is to NOT email the data, but only store them in a database. A simple notification mail is sent to you, without the data. You then enter your (required) database interface and securely retrieve the data, IF you have a SSL. However this solution also requires a custom made form processor.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval, for that info. After reading it I used the Form Wizard to place a "Contact 2" form on a BV page. In the wizards' Step 4 of 4, there's the "Form Action" dropdown menu, which is where I thought I'd find an option for sending data from the form to a database, but that is not one of the options.

Just curious, for future reference, could DB Technosystems create the custom form processor you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
        Just curious, for future reference, could DB Technosystems create the custom form processor you mentioned?
        Absolutely, that is what DBTechnosystems does...
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X