need horizontal scroll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need horizontal scroll bar

Hi i am designing a mock up for a project and i want the text box to scroll horizontally not vertically can any body help me out it is an urgent issue and i have to submit my papers in the college.
    Thanks in advance

Re: need horizontal scroll bar

Text box ? You mean a "text area" ? If yes, that is a standard HTML feature, so you can't make a text area element (which, by the way, is a form element, not a normal page element) scroll horizontally.

Solution (a bit complicated):

1. Type the text you want, in a blank BV page, with whatever width you want it.
    Pleace it on the top left corner of the page
    2. Go in View, Page HTML, and look to find your text. The code will look like this:

<div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;width:77 1px;height:48px;z-index:1;" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This is your text bla bla bla bla bla bla a fds sdf sd gs kugyg fdiygd f gildsai ryg glsaireg&nbsp; ifdaliergu gusdil r ugwelri uygguirelaik urg ril uygerig ialy rg ley lyrelsak yreiryg eugr gfkagr lrikgure uaegir uygalierg akdfgr lgka grksgdkfa krg dfklsalg gskdlrfu gdkifrg laurg lasdkrga lkerg lakergal krglkayer gwaal krg</font></div>

3. Now, go in your actual page. Insert a HTML box in the page, with the same size as the text area that you want to appear on the page.
    4. Double click the HTML box, and insert the following codes:

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute;overflow:scroll;width:333px;height:144px" title="">
    <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;width:77 1px;height:48px;z-index:1;" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This is your text bla bla bla bla bla bla a fds sdf sd gs kugyg fdiygd f gildsai ryg glsaireg&nbsp; ifdaliergu gusdil r ugwelri uygguirelaik urg ril uygerig ialy rg ley lyrelsak yreiryg eugr gfkagr lrikgure uaegir uygalierg akdfgr lgka grksgdkfa krg dfklsalg gskdlrfu gdkifrg laurg lasdkrga lkerg lakergal krglkayer gwaal krg</font></div>
    </div>

The part in blue, is the text code as you have copied it from the auxiliary page where you added the text, the numbers in red are the dimensions of the text area as it should appear in your final page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X