Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would welcome some input ... thanks in advance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would welcome some input ... thanks in advance!

I am fairly new at web design and publishing, so I'd appreciate your input on any one of my websites hosted by Vodahost:

1. www.henrydegen.com (artist website)
    2. www.truth-and-beauty.org
    3. www.heaven's-reflections.org (nature and spirituality)
    4. www.pathway-to-life.org (biblical teachings)
    5. www.sitebuild-n-host.com (affiliate for XSitePro and Vodahost)

Thanks in advance.
    Eva Peck

Re: Would welcome some input ... thanks in advance!

Hello.

http://www.henrydegen.com/ very nice. BlueVoda or written code?

http://www.truth-and-beauty.org/ wow. I'm a Christian. So very WOW!

http://www.heavens-reflections.org/ slightly disjointed link due to ' in link but cool. Nice content.

http://www.pathway-to-life.org/ brilliant idea.

http://www.sitebuild-n-host.com/ You are clearly a person who understands Christian values.

Hi Eva,

My name is Andre Kish. I hope you don't mind me sending this or saying this but well done. So nice to see some-one prepared to share what they have discovered in all aspects of life and not charge a penny. I am going to check out all the pages on these site's because of their design, content and intent. What I have seen is brilliant. 10 gold stars.

Here in the UK it is 4.45am and I am still writing code to php files on my site. Have been flat out updating site prior to launch for 17 hours today.

Having just seen the content of your site as webmaster at my firm and also being an attempted Christian it was a breath of fresh air to see the word God. Nice one. To you and Jehovah.

Your sites are cool so will be nosey with XSitePro. Thank you. Have you heard of BlueVoda? Worth a look. I've used HTML and assoc stuff for nearly 20 years and it's drag n drop is cool but useless for templating for business. Lovely for small business use.

By the way. Your design and layout are nice.

Take care, thank you.

Andre Kish
    Senior Webmesseruper at my company (it's a sales site but I'm not a seller so I haven't said which)
    andrekish@googlemail.com

Comment

Hello Andre,

Thank you for your very encouraging input -- it has made my day.

To answer your question -- all my sites are created with XSitePro and it has worked really well for me. I tried BV about a year ago before we bought XSP but somehow I couldn't get off the ground with it. But it seems to me that they have also further developed it since then.

I visited your site ricandonline (mentioned in your email) and what caught my attention there was the submitexpress.com ad. Now that my websites are up, I want to work on the SEO side of things.

So thanks again for your input and enjoy what you find on my websites.
      Eva Peck

PS By the way, what is the link problem ("slightly disjointed link due to ' in link") at Heavens-reflections? Maybe I can fix it.

Comment

Hi there,

1. www.henrydegen.com clean and simple, like it! (not sure about the background colours, but that's just my personal taste)
        2. www.truth-and-beauty.org didn't like the colour of your menu box on the left
        3. www.heaven's-reflections.org link not working
        4. www.pathway-to-life.org ok
        5. www.sitebuild-n-host.com ok

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thank you for your comments. The link for the third one should be without the apostrophe, i.e. www.heavens-reflections.org. My mistake.

Eva Peck

Comment

Hello.

http://www.henrydegen.com/ very cool website...very relaxing site to read

http://www.truth-and-beauty.org/ ok for me...need more pics or different pics to help pro-tray your sites content

http://www.heavens-reflections.org/ It Ok...not sure I like the way the colors are blended

http://www.pathway-to-life.org/ nice website

http://www.sitebuild-n-host.com/ nice website

Keep up the great work...you might want to learn how to add some flash to your website to keep visitors on your website longer...just and Idea...but really great work!
            Your Friend In Business,

TheWebWarrior/James Allen Pauley-Barker

Take Blogging To The Next Level

Comment

Dear James,
              Thank you for taking the time to comment on my websites -- I appreciate your input (I only read your comments yesterday).

You suggested: "you might want to learn how to add some flash to your website to keep visitors on your website longer...just and Idea." If you care to, could you please elaborate what you mean by "adding some flash to the site"?

Thanks again for your comments, they were encouraging -- especially since site building is a new field for me.

Eva Peck

Comment

Hi Eva,

I had a look at Truth and Beauth and loved all the colours and pictures. The whole site is beautifully set out and very easy to navigate. I usually do pick a few holes when I review people's sites but I struggled to find fault. I thought it was lovely that you showed pictures of yourself and Alexander, I think that's really important for poeple to connect with you.

Well done xx
                Sally
                www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
                info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

Thank you Sally for your encouraging input.

I also had a look at your site -- wow, what a place you have to plan weddings! I enjoyed browsing your website -- it too is uplifting, easy to follow and conveys the right atmosphere for the subject (love and weddings). I like the simple, uncluttered and somewhat unique layout and the photos. I hope that your site will bring many couples to Lake Como -- certainly a wonderful place to get married.
                  Eva Peck

Comment

your websites look nice and well organized

on your site pathway to life, what christian views are you basing this information... arminian, calvinist, modalism, etc
                    just curious

Comment

Great looking sites.
                      Some general observations.
                      Using uppercase in your page names makes it very difficult if not impossible for SE's to index your pages.
                      Do a search on Google for anything you like.
                      In the results, look at the links under each topic. (usually in green)
                      How many links have uppercase? I couldn't find any.
                      Any page that you link to with an index.html ending does not need that.
                      ww.henrydegen.com/Czech-Cesky/ will go to the same page as
                      ww.henrydegen.com/Czech-Cesky/index.html
                      I have left off a "w" in the link to keep this post from showing in SE search results.
                      I think it looks a bit more professional without the added index.html
                      But that's me.
                      More later
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Hello Terry and thanks for your input on my websites and the tips. I'll check regarding the capital letters in my page names -- I need to figure out how to name the pages without capitals when I want capitals in the menus and on the info bar.

I am impressed with all of your creative endeavours, including your photography. I downloaded your pdf file "Tips for newbies" -- it will be helpful. I am not using the Vodahost software for website design, but I am sure I'll find some helpful principles in your write-up. I am using XSite Pro which is an excellent and very versatile sitebuilder. And you can host with Vodahost even if you are not using their sitebuilder. (You might want to correct your pdf file on this point.)

Anyway, thanks again for your tips.
                        Eva Peck

Comment

Great looking sites.
                          Some general observations.
                          Using uppercase in your page names makes it very difficult if not impossible for SE's to index your pages.
                          Do a search on Google for anything you like.
                          In the results, look at the links under each topic. (usually in green)
                          How many links have uppercase? I couldn't find any.
                          Any page that you link to with an index.html ending does not need that.
                          ww.henrydegen.com/Czech-Cesky/ will go to the same page as
                          ww.henrydegen.com/Czech-Cesky/index.html
                          I have left off a "w" in the link to keep this post from showing in SE search results.
                          I think it looks a bit more professional without the added index.html
                          But that's me.
                          More later
                          watch free movies online

Comment

SPAM !!!!!!!!! (wouldrichest)

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Working...
                            X