Google Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Help

I've had my invitations site live for a little while now, and have been given various advice on how to best optimise the site to get a higher google page ranking. Following this advice I have found that I am slipping further and further DOWN the list, rather than moving UP! Can anyone give me some ideas on what I should be doing on my site to improve my search engine status?

Re: Google Help

I am no guru when it comes to Google Ranking however based on what I've learned I can offer this and I will pick on your index page as an example.

Apart from the copyright text at the footer, there is no text on your page. The items on this page that appear as text are actually images. These images have no alt text either so there is nothing for the search engines to read.

Your page title 'Invitating Occasions - Invitations for all occasions' has to be relevent to the content on your page but because your page has no readable text, there is no corrolation.

These are the keywords you have used
    <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="print at home invitations, wedding invitaitons, special occasions invitations, hand crafted invites">

Its all well and good having keywords, but these words must also be in your page content.

And the same goes for your page description. No where does it appear on your page content.

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Hand crafted, exclusively designed invitations for all occasions. We also stock ready-made, customisable and fill-in invitations.">

I'm all for a wordy index page. 1) Useful info for my visitor and 2) something for the SE's to read. My page title would be more descript eg 'Invitations for all ocassions, birthdays, weddings, special occassions'

Also don't forget to alt text your images.

I hope this helps.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

ahhh, great advice! Thank you - I have been "tweaking" my other pages, and completely ignored the index page! The only thing I did on the index page is cut my keywords down to less than 150 chartacters... I will get onto the other changes right away! Thanks again!

Comment

Text Links, Google loves text links! Add links to all your pages at the bottom of the page. Most of your pages link to inner pages via pictures and google spiders don't see those. You also don't have a sitemap with all of your pages. I know you have your main menu links but that is not enough. Give it a go.
        Warmest wishes
        Rebecca
        www.best-forextradingrobot.com

Comment

I would say that the main problem is that you have no text on your landing page. This main problem can be sumarized as: Unique content - you have to have it!

Good luck!
          Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
          X