regedit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regedit

I have two websites currently hosted by BlueVoda and am doing another website for a friend who has her own VodaHost account. I am using her IP, username, password etc. and trying to publish her pages. All of my pages published instantly. Her's come up "Successfully Published" but the pages are not there on the internet. Support has told me to go in and delete the BlueVoda in my registry - regedit and reinstall...I have SOOOO much work on BlueVoda...what will this do? I'm scared to death that it will delete all of BlueVoda and all my work. I need some reassurance that all my work will still be there if I go in and delete BlueVoda in my registry. OR another way around this problem. I have turned off firewalls, cleared my DNS cache, tried publishing over and over, and any other suggestions I have found here on the forum...Help!

Re: regedit

well not sure what you are asking. but i will attempt a few alternatives. i assume you have your websites on your hard drive and if you have 2 websites you must have used an add on. let's assume you have done that. for your new website, make a folder on your hard drive. call it the website name of your friend. lets call it websit1. now in the folder make an image and media folder so yu can put the images and any media that belong to that website in the correct folder. now you build your first page for website1 and you save it as index. when you publish that page use her ip address, username and password and hit publish. you have to make sure you are in the website1 folder when you save this. if not it will overwrite your index page for your website that is in the public_html - now having said that it should work, each new page is saved to the website1 folder. if you cannot get it just call me through my website and i can walk you through it. i have on my hard drive at least 3 websites that have been paid by other people and i just change the ip, username and password and all works well.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

There is no reason to delete the BV entries from the registry.
      Most probably you are mistaking something, but we need to know your friends domain and if it is a main domain or an addon.

Please also let us know the IP you are publishing at.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much for your responses MrMagoo and NavelDesigner...
        OK - I DID save everything in a separate folder for my friends domain. All my sites are in separate files. I put her IP, username and password and hit publish and it says "Pubished Successfully" but it's not there.
        Her information is below and my original IP etc.

Clients - oilsbylillian.com
        Her IP - http://75.126.104.136 Now - here is something different that is on her Account Info that I've never seen, it says - Control Panel Login URL: http://75.126.104.136:2082/ That extra :2082 is not on the drop down menu of course when publishing but the rest is.
        This is not an add on site on my account it is her original site account and I've designed the site for her on my computer.

My original site is askandieamerson.com
        IP - 75.126.104.131
        As I mentioned everything has worked great for my two sites - everything publishes immediately....her's - it SAYS it is - but it's not there. It shows up in the temporary URL which is http://75.126.104.136/~oilsbyli/

I've tried many suggestions - publish over and over, turn off firewalls, clear cookies, downloaded the upgraded Builder 11.4 etc. etc. I have NOT done the regedit - that one scared me. I have WAY too much work to lose...

SO...I may call you tomorrow Mrmagoo...any other suggestions? I have other sites to build for friends and would hate for this to be an on going problem.
        Thanks again guys!...
        :o)

Comment

One other thing guys....
          I noticed in the preview stage that the button I have that says "Contact" shows up as a second "Gallery" on the temporary pubished page. I have checked and changed the button and I have "Contact" written in all the right places and it shows up "Contact" on the designed page but when previewing or now in the temporary URL it says "Gallery"????
          How do I fix this?
          Thanks again!!
          Hope you're having a great night...
          I need a margarita!
          :o)

Comment

Let's solve the main issue first:

From a whois lookup, it results that this domain name is assigned no nameservers.

This is why the site displays when looking through the http://75.126.104.136/~oilsbyli/ link but not as www.oils...........com

If you purchased the account WITH free domain name, setting up correctly the DNS is something that should have been done automatically.
            If you purchased the account WITHOUT the free domain name, you should have setup the DNS

If the domain name is purchased through VH, WITH the account, submit a support ticket explaining the above. If the account was purchased separately from the domain name, you need to enter the domain control panel and change the DNS to be the ones that were included in the welcome mail VH has sent you.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your response Naval...
              The hosting was purchased WITH the domain name through VodaHost. I submitted a support ticket regarding all this last week and they told me to delete the registry of BlueVoda and re-download. You mentioned NOT to do this. I just don't want to lose any of my work if I delete the registry. I read up on that and it said it can cause "damage" so... I have not heard back from the support staff after I asked them if this would delete any of my work on the original BlueVoda... That's why I submitted this thread.
              Below is the account info. for oilsbylillian.com I just tried again to publish...no go. We got all this a week ago...so I'm assuming that it has "propagated"? Is it the nameservers? I had a problem with that on my second website which was an addon on my account and you guys fixed it on your end. Is there something I should do in her control panel regarding the nameservers? Thanks again for your help!
              ------
              Thank you for selecting VodaHost! Your hosting account has now been setup and this email contains all the information you will need in order to begin using your account.
              If you have requested a domain name during sign up, please keep in mind that your domain name will not be visible on the internet instantly. This process is called propagation and can take up to 48 hours. Until your domain has propagated, your website and email will not function, we have provided a temporary url which you may use to view your website and upload files in the meantime.
              New Account Information
              Hosting Package: Professional Web Hosting
              Domain: oilsbylillian.com
              First Payment Amount:
              Recurring Amount:
              Billing Cycle: Annually
              Next Due Date: 04/16/2011
              Publishing / Control Panel Login Details
              Username: oilsbyli
              Password: XXXXXXXXX
              Control Panel Login URL: http://75.126.104.136:2082/
              Once your domain has propogated, you may also use http://www.oilsbylillian.com:2082/
              Server Information
              Server Name: voda6.vodahost.com
              Server IP: 75.126.104.136
              If you are using an existing domain with your new hosting account, you will need to update the nameservers to point to the nameservers listed below.
              Nameserver 1: ns9.vodahost.com (74.86.190.112)
              Nameserver 2: ns10.vodahost.com (74.86.190.113)
              Uploading Your Website
              Temporarily you may use one of the addresses given below to manage your web site:
              Your Servers IP Address is: 75.126.104.136
              Temporary Webpage URL: http://75.126.104.136/~oilsbyli/
              Email Settings
              For email accounts that you setup, you should use the following connection details in your email program:
              POP3 Host Address: mail.oilsbylillian.com
              SMTP Host Address: mail.oilsbylillian.com
              Username: The email address you are checking email for
              Password: As specified in your control panel
              If you need any assistance please visit: http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-help.htm
              Thank you for choosing us.
              Always at your service.

VodaHost
              Your Website People!

Comment

sorry i have not been back on line for a couple of days. i agree, this is an issue for support. have they fixed it for you? again do not hesitate to contact me by phone, i'm pretty sure this is a support issue. let us know when you have it cleared up.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

another thing you may try is to build the other site on another computor? is that possible? that way you will not mix up the 2 until it is resolved.
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

As I already said: your domain name has no nameservers defined.

Since you purchased the domain with the account, it should have been done automatically by VH fot for some reason it failed.

You can either enter your VodaHost Billing Services account and change them yourself, OR submit a support ticket to VH asking them to fix the nameservers for you.

That's all you need to do.

Do NOT do anything with BlueVoda on your computer, the issue is not there.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Naval...I will let support know...again. I sent them ALL the info. I posted here and told them about the nameservers...the response I got back was "what web link are you having trouble with" !!?!! I am very frustrated now.
                      I will email support once again, but in case it is still not resolved how do I change this myself?
                      Thank you too MrMagoo :o)~ for all your help and concern. Much appreciated!!
                      Thanks so much

Comment

Hi Guys!
                        Happy day!! It's publishing!! Thank you SO much Naval...you were right! I sent yet another support ticket in with you're solution and they sent it on to the Domain department and I got the email this morning that it was fixed. This was the second website I had the nameserver problem so if it happens again, I'll have them check that first.
                        AND I fixed the button issue as well. I have the individual buttons on the site and what I had done was copy and paste. And even though I changed all the settings from Gallery to Contact it still came up Gallery on the Contact button - I'm assuming from the cut and paste. So I deleted them all and built them individually and that solved the problem.
                        Thanks again!! You're the Best!!

Comment

Working...
                        X