transpaernt shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transpaernt shape

Hello, I must say using blue voda is getting more and more exciting for me as I am exploring new features!!
    I would like to have a shape with text, is it possible for the background to be transparent and only the text to show?
    Reason being, this shape will go onto another shape which is gradient, so basically I want the text to go on the gradient with no solid background.

Re: transpaernt shape

Yes you can. Double click the shape and set the 'Fill Effects' to Transparent and reduce the 'Border' to 0 (zero)
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

yes , that is what I thought as well before I submitted the post, but when I do that, the text also disapperas and nothing shows

Comment

hahaha does it now? Stand by and I'll check.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Yes you are right. Hmmm I must admit I've never used a 100% Transparent shape with text. You could change the fill colour as 'Solid' and play around with the opacity. Text won't be so dark but you will get a level of Transparency.

I suppose if its gonna be transparent anyway I would just insert 'text' in the usual way as background is transparent by default. If you want a box around it do as I suggested above, transparent, but give it a border.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

well, reason why I am using text in shape as opposed to just plain text is so that I can use the mouse over /set image function, I cannot find that on plain text.Is there another way to to it?

Comment

All I can think of is to insert the text as normal then layer a transparent box on top of it to allow you to do what you want.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Yes, I have done that once, bit tacky though. Surely there must be a more elegant way!

Comment

Maybe...but a solution none the less. It seems BV doesn't support an 'events' option on text links. Hopefully someone with some coding experience might throw you a line.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

anybody???

Comment

Working...
                    X