No announcement yet.

Use the same frame but another content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the same frame but another content.

Hi

On my webpage I have a header, a footer and a menu to the right (pretty much).

In the middle I have an Iframe.

The menu consists of four menuitems.

So, the header, footer and menu is always the same no matter what menuitem you click on. Is it possible to use the same page for all the menu items and just change the URL in the Iframe to change the page? Or do I have to create four diffrent pages (as I have now)?

It would be easier to update the frame, like to add or remove a menuitem if I only have one page to update. This is soon becoming an issue as more and more menuitems is added to the menu.

Thank you

Re: Use the same frame but another content.

Yes you do have to create four different pages but without the header, footer and menu. Basically size the pages on page properties so you know they will fit your Iframe, especially the width because side scrolling is nasty.
    You will have to publish each page to generate the url which you will need for the menu button link properties.

However you need to know that the use of Iframes are not search engine friendly so this solution maybe worth a look.

All the best
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Use the same frame but another content.

Thank you very much.

This was exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X